WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Pitzer

Boolit Master

Pitzer

I carved out a bit of time during my Christmas vacation to get some casting done. I really like the Lee 6 cavity molds and the boolits just rain out of my 452-200-SWC mold so I had a big pile done pretty quick. Conventional lube/sizing can be pretty tedious but using my Pitzer takes the drudgery out of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pitzer1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	293937

For those unfamiliar, it's similar to a Star as it's a "pass-through" sizer but as you can see, this one is horizontal. It's long out of production but it does an absolutely fantastic job. The lube plunger is spring loaded so it only needs a turn every dozen or so boolits. There's a small hole drilled near the lube tube where a soldering iron is used for heat and it does ok but I'd really need to fabricate a heater base.
    Anyway, just wanted to share
    Happy New Year and..
    Semper Fi

Boolit Master
    That's Cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

Looks a lot like the nut cracker my Dad made ... horozontal action ... COOL !
    Thanks for posting ...I had never heard of Pitzer
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Is there a patent number on it? If so a patent drawing should make - how it works - understandable.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats interesting! I've never seen one of those.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by elk hunter View Post
    Is there a patent number on it? If so a patent drawing should make - how it works - understandable.
    The product plate wasn't on the sizer when I bought it but I do have the instructions (scanned & saved in .pdf format) if anyone is interested. Send a PM with your email address and I'll send it out.
    Semper Fi

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    These were sold by Brownells years ago. I remember seeing them in the 80s catalogs and really wanting one. However, the money was just not available, so I made do with my Lyman 45. When I was finally able to afford one, they were not to be found. It seems the units were made by a small family business and when the patriarch went to the big reloading bench in the sky, everything pretty much went along with him, so to speak.
    I spent YEARS posting a "want to buy" on a half dozen sites with no joy. One day on another "tour" of the sites I received a response form a fellow that had a new one that he had purchased directedly from the folks that made them, many years before. I told him to name his price and tell me where to send the funds, because it was mine come hell or high water.
    When I got it, it was new in the box with one die. Oh, he did treat me right. Sold it to me for what he paid for it.
    Indeed, it is like the Star except that it is horizontal rather than vertical. The only downside is the fact that the die has a "shelf" that the bullet is laid on which makes the die a bit more complicated to make. As near as I can tell, the unit was designed to push nose first so the need for an ogive/diameter specific nose punch, was non-existent, which in turn sort of negated the "shelf" issue.
    I believe the fellow here on CastBoolits that makes the Star dies, also will make the dies for the Pitzer.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!