Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Lee Shotshell reloaders

Boolit Mold

Lee Shotshell reloaders

Hello all!

I am wanting a fast way to do just a few rounds here and there trying out some new things. Are these at all durable and usable?

I would need both 20 and 12.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Drew

Boolit Bub
    I find my Lee LoadAlls perfect for that, No reason to mess with the settings on my mecs for a box or two

Second that. I have them in 12, 16, and 20. For what you want to do, they're ideal. Easy to adjust loads for testing and are great for a box or 2 of shells. I also have MEC and Ponsness Warren presses. Better for long runs of shells but can be a pain to adjust for testing loads.
    The Lee presses come with all the powder and shot bushings included. Hard to beat for the price.
    “The State that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools.”
    ― Thucydides

“The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.”
    ― Thucydides

Boolit Master
    Just picked up a Lee load all in 20 gauge at Bass pro for Christmas,and I love it! I was using a Lee loader with a mallet for blackpowder loads. Few things about the Lee load all, don't trust powder bushings. I wanted 16.0 grains of Herco and the bushing they listed only dropped 13.4grs. And they state shot bushings are for #6 shot. After making adjustments it will load some great shells.

Boolit Master
    I have used one in 12 gage four ever

Boolit Master
    I have them in 12 16 and 20ga and they are fine for short runs. If I was shooting trap or skeet I would get something else. Weigh your charges with a scale rather than trusting a Lee chart.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks so much for all the input! I will get a pair of them on the way! I plan on setting up a small bench to be mobile so I can load as we test and I really didn’t want to mess with a big setup, I was just worried because they seemed really flimsy!

Thanks!

Andrew

Boolit Grand Master

I'd watch a couple videos of them in use first. Are they durable? Absolutely, no doubt. Are they useable? Absolutely. Do they do a good job? Eh, depends.

They will make a shell that goes bang. They do not size shells, so if you intend on using it in mulitple guns, you need to figure something else out. They don't crimp all that great, unless you are using something like a Remington STS/Gunclub, or a Winchester AA hull. They might work good with paper hulls too, never tried.

There is a very good reason they don't sell them anymore. The Lee Load All II is superior in every metric, often including price. You can say what you want about the Load All II vs another machine, but what you can not argue is that it will size a shell, and that it will crimp a shell better than a Lee loader kit. There is no adjustments on the Load All II. You can walk up to it and load anything right away, that's why I like them. The one advantage I can find to the Lee loader kit is that you can fit all the stuff in a plastic bag. Well a Lee Load All II is not big, and not heavy. Honestly I think you could do just as well with a nail and a mallet and your bare fingers as you can the Lee loader Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I'd watch a couple videos of them in use first. Are they durable? Absolutely, no doubt. Are they useable? Absolutely. Do they do a good job? Eh, depends.

They will make a shell that goes bang. They do not size shells, so if you intend on using it in mulitple guns, you need to figure something else out. They don't crimp all that great, unless you are using something like a Remington STS/Gunclub, or a Winchester AA hull. They might work good with paper hulls too, never tried.

There is a very good reason they don't sell them anymore. The Lee Load All II is superior in every metric, often including price. You can say what you want about the Load All II vs another machine, but what you can not argue is that it will size a shell, and that it will crimp a shell better than a Lee loader kit. There is no adjustments on the Load All II. You can walk up to it and load anything right away, that's why I like them. The one advantage I can find to the Lee loader kit is that you can fit all the stuff in a plastic bag. Well a Lee Load All II is not big, and not heavy. Honestly I think you could do just as well with a nail and a mallet and your bare fingers as you can the Lee loader Kit.
    You right I have found that if you take the hulls and size and deprime on the Mec then you use the Lee Loadall then they will come out well. I used the Lee Load all and had problems with it and then later got a Mec and they came out better also fist started with the Lee loader that you do it all by hand . Still have them all and use the Mec the most
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA