I found the stainless 2-3/4" and 3" Speed Six revolvers in 357 and 9mm to be about the ideal carry revolver, and the triggers were all but every bit as nice as those in S&Ws. The big advantage of the Rugers for me was no more cracked forcing cones, as happened with two K frame S&W I owned.

After the GP100 replaced the Security/Speed/Service Six series, I picked up used stainless 3" half lug models in 357 and 9mm before they became hot with Ruger collectors. Then when Ruger introduced the five shot 3" GP100 in 44 Special, I added one that had a nice trigger out of the box, such that when I dry fired it in the store the sight alignment didn't move a bit. It's accuracy with a 240 gr cast over 6.7 gr of Unique is nothing short of phenomenal.

That said, I came across a used 10 shot 22LR GP100 and found it to be heavy and unbalanced, so it went back in the display case. I'll stick to my 2-3/4" and 3" "Six" series and GP 100 revolvers, and the few S&Ws that I still have, some 624s, two 696s, a few 25-2s and 1917s, a 15, and a 17.

Noah