Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: MVA Scope

Boolit Buddy

MVA Scope

I"m thinking about mounting an MVA Winchester B scope on my Sharps. The range that I shoot at in North Carolina has 6 foot long tunnels at each bench to shoot through for "safety" reasons to limit movement of the rifle left to right and in elevation. Too many guys with black guns playing Rambo with them, I guess. As it is, they reduce light to shoot with iron sights and I'm concerned that the 3/4" tube won't gather enough light. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

They're plenty bright, but after using both I'd recommend the DZ Arms setup over the MVA. Both the scope itself and the mounts are nicer for about the same money.

I have the MVA B-5 and it's a good bright midrange scope. I also have the MVA 3000 series and the 10x A scope. I would stay away from this scope. The glass is clear but for my floaters it's to dark unless the sun is out.
    I also have a couple DZ scopes and I would have that scope above all mentioned because the hairs are a little darker for me to see on a black back ground and it's a bright scope. Plus as Nobade mentioned, the mounts are tops from 100 to 1000 yards a lot easier to see the elevation scale and it is repeatable with settings. A little pricy but worth it.

Boolit Mold
    I'm confused about the MVA B-5 and DZ being about the same price. The MVA is $650.00 and the DZ is $1150.00.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    The B5 in the #2 mounts will work fine for what you're doing. Having had both the B5 and the DZ the B5 is better indoor due to the lower magnification. Sold the DZ.
    The nice thing about the B5 now is the option for different reticles should the fine crosshair be to thin for your eyes, and the adjustable parallax on the objective that is marked from 50 feet and beyond.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Quote Originally Posted by jay3 View Post
    I'm confused about the MVA B-5 and DZ being about the same price. The MVA is $650.00 and the DZ is $1150.00.
    Ya, didn't realize there was that much difference. I remembered they were about the same, maybe that is just the scope and not the mounts?

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    650 for the B5 includes the #2 mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Long range rules, the rest drool.