MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners

Thread: Ruger 10/22 air rifle

Boolit Master

Ruger 10/22 air rifle

Had one I never shot, so gave it to my grand daughter to give my Great grandson he is 12 they live in the country and have lots of rabbits. She sent me a text said he killed three and they were great eating.
    Frank G.

Moderator Emeritus

Bion, the Ruger (Umarex) C02 air rifle had been on my "want" list for a bit ! However, I've not been "thrilled" with the CO2 powered arms I have -- when it's cold out, shot velocity drops, and... it seemed cheaper to me for more fun getting into the PCP arena. Regardless -- my Beeman springers don't get the workouts they used to.
    I am ever so pleased to read you gifted it to a grand daughter for her son's use! When I was in northern England, it seemed to me that the two main dishes cooked were old sheep and young rabbits. I looked forward to the bunnies!
    The rabbits I enjoyed were served in a white sauce over biscuits. Generally many drank a huge tankard of beer to which a shot or two of scotch whiskey had been mixed in to complement this.
    And... if I recall... most all of the bunnies were harvested with air rifles. You brought back some really great memories!
    geo