WidenersLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Venison egg rolls

Boolit Master

Venison egg rolls

This is an old recipe gotten from Fred Trosts Michigan Outdoors. Just don’t get drunk like I did in 1982 and think twice the peanut butter is better. Enjoy! They really are good!

RECIPE:

Venison Eggrolls
    1 lb ground venison burger
    1 lb jimmy dean hot sausage
    1 chopped onion
    1 small cabbage shredded
    Lawyers seasoning salt. (Lawrys seasoned salt)
    Pepper
    Garlic powder
    Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons of peanut butter
    2 pkg of egg roll wrappers
    1 egg

Mix venison and sausage together until well blended. In large pan sauté onions until soft and beginning, add venison mix brown and chop until crumbly. Season venison to taste with Lawrys, pepper, garlic powder. Drain if needed. Steam the shredded cabbage until tender crisp. In a lg bowl put 2 teaspoon of peanut butter. Dump the warm venison mixture on top of peanut butter and add the hot shredded cabbage. Mix well add Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Taste mixture and add more seasoning if needed.
    Put 2 tablespoons of mixture into egg rolls and seal the edges with egg. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.

Hint: don’t use a lot of egg to seal egg rolls. They will become soft and tear.
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Buddy

That sounds pretty tasty.

Boolit Grand Master
    Anything with peanut butter has to be good. Thanks

Boolit Buddy

I made this tonight. I didn't have any venison so used ground beef. It goes together easily and lends itself to adding whatever spices you want. I used my air fryer and lightly brushed wrap with vegetable oil. Since these reminded me of a original Runza I used yellow mustard for dipping. I'll make up a peanut sauce for remaining mixture.
    Thanks Tazman1602

Boolit Master

Thank you guys!!!!!

Art
    ——Townsend Whelen

—- George Orwell

Banned

I got a recipe off another MI outdoors tv show for peanut butter stuffed back straps. Sorry but i thought it sucked and im a peanut butter lover

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I got a recipe off another MI outdoors tv show for peanut butter stuffed back straps. Sorry but i thought it sucked and im a peanut butter lover
    How things in Da’ UP Lloyd? Can’t imagine ‘Nut butter stuffed backstraps, this recipe goes back to the early 80’s and no one we’ve ever shared it with has said it’s anything less than stupendous. Just don’t use too much peanut butter…

Art
    ——Townsend Whelen

—- George Orwell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    How things in Da’ UP Lloyd? Can’t imagine ‘Nut butter stuffed backstraps, this recipe goes back to the early 80’s and no one we’ve ever shared it with has said it’s anything less than stupendous. Just don’t use too much peanut butter…

Art
    balmy 4 degrees about zero. Been snowing for 5 days now. Oh well it keeps the lightweights away at least for the winter. I actually prefer this weather with no tourists to summer when were about overrun by them. Only tourists we get up here in the winter are the snowmobilers and there not ANYTHING like the idiots that come up here in the summer. They pretty much stick to the bars and motels.

Boolit Master
    balmy 4 degrees about zero. Been snowing for 5 days now. Oh well it keeps the lightweights away at least for the winter. I actually prefer this weather with no tourists to summer when were about overrun by them. Only tourists we get up here in the winter are the snowmobilers and there not ANYTHING like the idiots that come up here in the summer. They pretty much stick to the bars and motels.
    Boy howdy! It would sure keep me away. Here in the Arkansas we've had about a week in the mid 20's at night and low 30's during the day. Way too cold for this old hillbilly. I'll take 90's and 90% humidity any day; a pair of cutoffs, a box fan, and cold beer; and I am happy as a dead hog in the sunshine.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Banned

Not this guy joe. 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity and i couldnt be outside naked even with a cooler of beer. Id be in the ac all day. at least when its cold you can dress for it and you dont even need a cooler to keep the beer cold. But anymore i draw the line at about 10 degrees. Any colder then that and its pretty miserable and i pretty much stay inside but back when i was young id hop on the snowmobile even at 10 below.

Boolit Master
    Not this guy joe. 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity and i couldnt be outside naked even with a cooler of beer. Id be in the ac all day. at least when its cold you can dress for it and you dont even need a cooler to keep the beer cold. But anymore i draw the line at about 10 degrees. Any colder then that and its pretty miserable and i pretty much stay inside but back when i was young id hop on the snowmobile even at 10 below.
    It sounds as though we both fit pretty well where we are at. My ancestors always lived in the Southern Highlands from the Appalachians in Virginia to the Ozarks in Arkansas. We did not even get air conditioning until we moved to Louisiana when I was in school in 1964. I don't think I could put on enough layers to survive up in your U.P.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master

WE got AC in 1969. (I was 15). It builds character to live in the deep south in the summer with no AC. Went 12 yrs to schools with no AC. My first school AC was college. I'd never make it today with no AC!

Boolit Master

This sounds good. It could easily be turned Thai with the correct seasonings.-fish sauce,lime etc.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird View Post
    WE got AC in 1969. (I was 15). It builds character to live in the deep south in the summer with no AC. Went 12 yrs to schools with no AC. My first school AC was college. I'd never make it today with no AC!
    heck i couldnt get through summer up here without central air and air in every vehicle!!! I remember when i was young. Nobody up here ordered ac in a car. Now its standard equipment in all of them. I remember my first new car a dark blue black Vinal top 340 duster. It had a black interior too. I ordered it new from a dealer up here and drove it to little creek VA where i was stationed. Id get off work and go out to the parking lot and had to open the windows and doors to air it out and put towels on the seat to sit on them. Last car i ever ordered without ac. Cant imagine living down there even back in the 70s and not having air. It would be about like surviving here without a furnace!! Even VA was a cake walk compared to columbia. You could about drink the air there.