Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Load data sheets

Boolit Master

Load data sheets

OK, after all these years I am finally going to try to organize my load data in one place.
    After reading the thread about losing your data electronically I have decided to do it with hard copy.
    I know there must be a lot of different load data sheets available out there.
    I want the cartridge name on the header and places for multiple loads below.
    Which data sheet do you use?

Boolit Grand Master

I made my own back in the early '70s. I easily adapt it to the firearm and/or cartridge it is used for by striking through a column header and writing what I want that to be.

Attachment 293815
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    I made my own back in the early '70s. I easily adapt it to the firearm and/or cartridge it is used for by striking through a column header and writing what I want that to be.
    I did the same using Excel. I have a template that I can modify for each different caliber and firearm. I print them and keep them in a three ring binder.

Moderator Emeritus

I use a blank notebook.
    I leave the first couple pages empty to create a index as I go.
    It is essentially a chronological log book.
    I use an entire page for each batch of ammo and assign it a lot number. Info logged is: Date, caliber, quantity, boolit info, powder info, primer info, case info, Die setup info, and if it's a new load workup, I include where I sourced the begining data-there is usually more than one source...and any other info I think is necessary.

I also do this for my casting. I assign each batch of boolits a lot number also.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Cast Boolits used to have handy pocket sized booklets available. No idea if they still are, I have one for each rifle.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I use a 3 ring binder with notebook paper and a #2 pencil. Just like I did in high school in 1960.
    Never trade luck for skill.

A friend just sent this to me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	load data sheet.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	293908

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I copy and print all the load data sheets from books many magazines, internet for the many sizes, weights, shapes and calibers I load for the many powders I use.

I then compile them in a big 3" thick 3 ring binder (I call it "Banger's Boolit Bible") and I have a huge PERAMENT record of my load data, complete with scribble notes on the margins and custom-built sheets in Excel.....a perfect to have all at my fingertips.

I also keep an extensive log of all the many alloys I have by colored paint on the ends of the trapezoidal ingots with complete notes on derived X-ray composition of every alloy in my stores.

I definitely do NOT rely on digital formats for loading records!!!!!!!!!!!

A great source for my hobby that is constantly morphing and evolving into my loading records.