Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Dillon 1050 prices

Dillon 1050 prices

Back before this fiasco started, what could you expect to be able to find a used 1050 for?
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Bub
    I bought mine (38/357) in 2019 for $1,050. Another $200 to Dillon got all the missing parts.

That sounds pretty good. Thanks. Anyone else?
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Non panic periods, expect 80% of current new prices. RL’s can go for more than supers. The 1050 does not have the same lifetime warranty as the 3 digit and SD presses but shares their resale value.

The best deals come from old people that are happy to sell them for what they paid, essentially getting decades of use out of them for free. So they set the price based on what they paid, not what they are worth now.

Boolit Bub
    i paid 1500.00 new in the box .

Quote Originally Posted by rbt5050 View Post
    i paid 1500.00 new in the box .
    But would you sell it for $1500 today? Today they are $2250-$2350 new in box.

I have paid as little as $800 for one that was ready to go, less if they need anything, SASS wire is a good place to find an older fellow that’s done and wants out easy but I wouldn’t sell them for what I paid.

Looks like the last one sold here was $1500, lasted a little over 3 hrs.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...1050-in-45-ACP
    Last edited by jmorris; 12-30-2021 at 10:13 AM.

Frosted Boolits

Yeah I’d love to find a used 1050. My shoulders are getting bad and I think that a 1050 would alleviate some of that pain on longer reloading sessions.
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

That one sold here was the beginning of the pandemic. Did that affect prices that early on I wonder?Seams after prices go sky high, they never come back down all the way, unless the market is saturated, like The AR-15 market has done. I can't imagine the 1050/1100 market ever being saturated unless components never become available again. I see Dillon's prices have increased dramatically lately too. The pistol dies are up 50%.
    Last edited by pull the trigger; 12-30-2021 at 04:54 PM.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Buddy
    Sold my early model 1050 here over a year ago in less than 30/minutes. Because I like quality equipment I purchased the Lyman Mark VII press which is the CNC version and it is worth the high price. I also use two Dillon XL650 which are very good presses but not quite the same as the Mark VII or Dillon 1050.
    I think regardless of the press most of the force encountered is sizing the brass. Your not going to get away from that. Even using the Mark VII it takes a considerably downforce when sizing the case. If not sizing a case and the other eight stations are ready to load there is very minimal effort required to cycle a round which would be the same for any other progressive press.
    Just loaded 5000 rounds between 9/mm and 45/ACP over the last several weeks and I can feel the workout my arm and shoulder received.
    The Mark VII I don't think makes bullets and better than the Dillon 1050 but if you want the ultimate press you can't get any better than the Mark VII. Glad I got one of the earlier presses because they started using castings like on the Dillon's instead of machined CNC parts.
    I also invested in the four major sensors for the Mark VII and built an interface control box PLC controlled to monitor everything. There's a lot going on with every pull of the handle. If all four stations are clear on the up stroke then a next round can be loaded without thinking about anything.
    Figuring out all the sensor wiring signals and interfacing them to signal control boards took awhile but with my electrical background finally got it done. Destroyed the first bullet laser sensor but returned it under warranty and then wired the second one up correctly. The PLC just makes it easier to do whatever you want, indicators, pushbuttons and alarms. The projects never end.

I think regardless of the press most of the force encountered is sizing the brass. Your not going to get away from that.
    Just one time try lubing your brass, yes even the 45 ACP and 9mm, with any halfway decent lube, pretty much any case lube except one shot and see if that changes your opinion.

I reloaded for around 25 years before a fellow shooter convinced me to try lubing cases that didn’t need it. After feeling the difference, it made me wonder where they had been the last two and a half decades.

Even one shot makes a big difference. I've had trouble with the stuff, so I figured I'd use it up on 9mm, WOW! Slick as snot.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Why I suggest everyone try lubed brass at least once. Most just can’t fathom the difference it makes but they sure can feel it.

Boolit Master
    Absolutely! I finally wised up after loading Starline S&W .500 brass, made a lot of difference as everything worked smoother with far less jarring. This was on a Dillon 550B.

Boolit Buddy
    Because I always used carbide sizing dies I never lubed the cases that was the purpose.
    I did try your suggestion and the force to size a case is about 2/3 less than without lube.
    There is clearly a big difference and very little lube is required.
    In the future I will be lightly lubing all my cases before sizing them.
    Always learning something new in this hobby.
    Thank You for the input.

Boolit Buddy
    I have lubed brass for handguns for years even with carbide dies. I use the spray lube. In fact someone just gave me a bottle of Dillon spay on. Gotta let the alcohol evaporate first. I also have Dillon Carbide rifle dies and I use the spray lube on that brass too. But a bit more liberally. As far as Selling 1050s..I am going to sell my Super in 45 as I only loaded a couple thousand rounds....but locally. I ain't shipping that sucker. Really like the 1050s. They are really...ummm...quick. I have an older 1050 in 45 I picked up relatively cheap that I do use. I have a 550B and a 650 I am going to sell...locally also. Don't shoot as much as I usta ya know? BTW... not selling the loaders here pn CB. Locally only...unless ya want to drive out here to Wyoming...in the winter... in the snow.. -8 this morning!! LOL

Well if no one jumps on it, you know we will. I got an education shipping a motorcycle fairing one time. It was my fault, but learned a $100 lesson the hard way. Dimensions are as expensive as weight.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member