RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Best priming tool?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    Frog, have you ever used a Sinclair tool? It has heads alright but it also uses small thin discs of different thickness to fine tune the primer seating depth of the primer. I have lost several of mine and have been looking everywhere for them in vain. A few years ago I tried to order directly from Sinclair by email and never got a reply. Brownells does not list any parts for the Sinclair except the heads. I can't order from Brownells anyway as their accounting department has a mistake in their system that refuses to take my credit card--kicks it out as an invalid credit card number and that is absolutely false. Everybody else accepts it. Customer service has not been the same at Brownells since Leonard left it. james
    Could you make the disks out of shim stock?
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

I have crescent wrenches, hammers, hand files, screw drivers and a very small vice. No lath, no mill, or any other equipment that would be needed to make them. Besides, I am 80 with arthritic hands. I have to use both hands just to hold a screw driver blade in a screw slot these days. I am sure someone with the equipment could make these little discs. Somebody lied about the "golden years". james

Boolit Master
    Naa, nobody lied about the golden years, They just neglected to mention that gold rusts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lesharris View Post
    RCBS bench priming tool for me. Uses regular shellholders and it works.
    Me too. It just plain works & does a great job. I fell into that you have to "feel" every primer seat perfectly in every case using a hand tool - baloney!

After I got the RCBS bench tool I eventually got rid of all my various hand primer's.
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Boolit Master

as " pertnear" has said above. Unless I'm loading on the progressive ( pistol ) I use the RCBS. It just works.

Boolit Master
    i have used nearly all the above and use whatever i lay my hands on since they all seat the primer.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GONRA View Post
    GONRA is happy with my olde RCBS Standard Priming Tool 09512 .
    Primer Rod Assembly 09471 for small and large priming rods.
    for this handy tool. Uses standard shell holders.

Have phun finding one....
    I found one recently. It popped up and I grabbed it! One priming stem was missing as the previous owner warned me prior to purchase and after an initial run around RCBS sent me parts for free and now I have extra stems complete.

The tool is my finisher for seating primers that are a little high. My initial seating is done on my RCBS hand held that uses the standard shell holders. You have to use the newer generation shell holders though because you need the internally beveled ones.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    GONRA's happy you found one!
    Keep a small nail or drill bit in the kit to adjust / rotate seating stem for proper primer depth.....

Boolit Master
    I loaned someone my Lee hand primer and they did me a favor by NOT returning it. I've been using an RCBS auto bench primer for anything I don't put in the Dillons. Even then, I sometimes still use the RCBS. Depends on what I'm doing.

Boolit Master

Since starting this thread in December, I really appreciate all the responses. Following up on the majority of posters, I bought an RCBS auto-bench prime. I have it mounted on a board and have gotten the feel for it. It is the best I have found. Better yet, it uses Dillon primer tubes. Thanks for the responses.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345