Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oatmeal pancakes

I was pre-diabetic, that was one of the reasons I gave up carbs. The other reason is that I have heart disease. Now you might think, "This guys nuttier than a fruitcake to be consuming butter and fats!". According to what we've been told dietary fat is the gremlin that kills. But it's just not true. Eating fats causes the LDL to go down, not up. There was one fraudulent test down maybe 30 years ago that "proved" eating fats made the LDL go up. But it was fraudulent. To this date no one has been able to duplicate the results that one study supposedly showed. The evil media jumped on that study and from then on it took on a life of it's own. LDL is produced by the liver. Mine was producing too much. So today I take a statin to control the liver. I don't eat fat by the spoonful, but I don't dodge it either. My blood work always shows my LDL/HDL hovering near 70/70. My Dr tells me that people would kill for those numbers. But before anyone starts into ketosis they need to do their own homework and find the research. You have no idea how much my heart was in my throat when I started down this path. Going against what we're told by the FDA, Heart Assoc', yada yada isn't the easiest thing to do esp' when ones life is on the line. But the FDA is a political organization now, and the HA is paid to say things. There's big money in heart disease.

Oh, my pre-diabetes? My A1C was, if memory serves, 6.3ish. The last time I had it checked it was 5.something. My PCP removed the concern from my medical records.

Another thing that happens for lots of people when they enter ketosis is that "memory fog" gets better for lots of people. I couldn't follow simple stage instructions at matches. Being in ketosis made it so that I can.

But back to heart disease. There is some evidence that carbs cause cracks in the blood vessels. Cholesterol is essentially the mortar that repairs the cracks. That's how we get blockages. While I ate carbs n the past and the damage is done at least I'm not causing any more damage, or at least minimal damage. But I sure do miss my carbs, many times every day. I would lose count if I kept track of how many times per day I do the "I wish... but I can't.", routine.

Ford, you do as you wish, but apples are one of the absolute worst fruits for carbs. Strawberries are right up too along with oranges. I miss fruit! Orange juice? Carb wise it's like drinking soda. I envy people who can eat that stuff. But it's not for me.
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Master
    BJK

Dec 2019 Before I Started this Diet Change, I would Wake up in the morning and wiggle My toes, and my toes would hurt, every joint in my Body Hurt

Jan 2022 the only thing that hurts, in the morning is one Shoulder. so 1 of 360 Joints =359% Better All by a diet Change

Yes I do get some Joint Pain when I overdo it at work, or when working around the house,
    Doctor confirmed I have Arthritis and Degenerative Disk Disease

Willing to try almost anything, Tomorrow morning No Apples for BF

Stay well

Another thing you might try is adding some Potassium Chloride to the diet. It's salt substitute found at the grocery store. I would get charly horses if I ever flexed my legs in bed. I added some KCl to my diet and all that disappeared. It's not going to hurt you unless you go WAY overboard. Just a little. It tastes like salt, but just a minimal sprinkle. I use a minimal sprinkle on my eggs every day and my Dr tells me that my potassium is good. If you take something that prevents Potassium from leaving the body don't do this. It could be very dangerous. Check with you pharmacist unless you're like me and research everything. I am my best Dr. on hand. The rest just are there as a 2nd check on my care to get Rxs and for further care. I hold nothing back from them for my own safety. But the blood work tells much and I request it 2x a year.
    Let's go Brandon!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BJK View Post
    Another thing you might try is adding some Potassium Chloride to the diet. It's salt substitute found at the grocery store. I would get charly horses if I ever flexed my legs in bed. I added some KCl to my diet and all that disappeared. It's not going to hurt you unless you go WAY overboard. Just a little. It tastes like salt, but just a minimal sprinkle. I use a minimal sprinkle on my eggs every day and my Dr tells me that my potassium is good. If you take something that prevents Potassium from leaving the body don't do this. It could be very dangerous. Check with you pharmacist unless you're like me and research everything. I am my best Dr. on hand. The rest just are there as a 2nd check on my care to get Rxs and for further care. I hold nothing back from them for my own safety. But the blood work tells much and I request it 2x a year.
    To me it has a weird bitter taste, and a weird smell(yes I can smell salt... )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12