RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Did You Get For Christmas?

Moderator Emeritus

We managed a week without a furnace with hopefully only another week to go. Some nights in teens. Partial power outage caused whole house generator not to work (stink bugs/Asian lady bugs caused it) and furnace compressor was running but not the fan - we think, but it is fried. It stinks and gets way to hot after 45 mins . Anyway kept fireplace going and bought two more nice heaters. Up every four hours or so keeping fireplace going. With that said we had a very nice Christmas. She got a S&W 38 special and sundry stuff and got me a new tablet, cover, and a Bible to read. She has a bachelor's degree in Theology and has been real good about me moving at my own pace. Our boys got some nice bones with marrow. Pancakes, etc. Real nice day. Her kids and grandkids come out Saturday. We are blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I hate the gifting part....nor what this season is about for me.

I got a fruit cake...which I actually like, unlike many folks.

I got my fiancé a gold cross, which she complained about...chain too fragile??? Anyway, now I have to return it and start the process anew...grrr.
    I was a bit this way with Christmas too until two Thursdays ago when I watched a movie about Christmas. I can't remember the name of it at the moment but the wife was really into the Christmas spirit and husband couldn't take all the gifting, the big get together. The time of the was wrong and the tree was pagan. He went down the list and it sounded convincing.

I watched it at my church in men's group and the movie was from a seminary. (no big production budget)

The brother in law listened intently and biblically answered every complaint his sister's husband had. There was actually a Nicholas back in 329 AD that was generous with gifts and physically stood up to a heretical fellow that was trying to say that Jesus was only a man. This was in Niceae, Turkey and where the Nicene Creed comes from. The winter solstice represents the darkness of man. The evergreen represents God's unfailing love and the Garden of Eden and the tree mentioned in Isiah. The lights in the night represent John chapter 1, where the word became light, the light of men, the light that darkness can't understand.

The three wise men bringing gifts some of which were used at the time for preparing a body for burial. Baby Jesus wrapped at the beginning and ending of his life. Christmas is about the gift of God that took away the sin of the world. A gift that can't be taken away and needs to be shared.

There is no way to take God and His gift of life out of Christmas even with the commercialization that started in the late 1800's.

So the gift I got was a reminder of what Christmas is or should be, and what its giving is about. And I got to Listen to Handel's Messiah for the first time and got a Dewalt 20 volt pole saw for trimming shooting lanes and edges of fields.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

P17 that has been sporterized.

Complete with full length stock, beautiful blueing and a nice 2-7 Leopold scope.

Chambered in an awesome varmint cartridge, the 300 Holland & Holland.

What everyone NEEDS for whacking woodchucks.

Had the dies, bullets and brass for several years courtesy of a couple of garage sales/Craigslist/trades on here plus a nice selection of 30 caliber molds I've aquired for other 30's.

Boolit Master

Two books and two shirts. Our anniversary (35th) was the 23rd and she gave me a nice wrist watch. I gave up wearing watches long ago, being way too rough on them. Trying to think of a way to politely suggest as much. Sharing a life with her is gift enough.

Boolit Master
    Gail & I do not exchange gifts at Christmas, except for cards. We get our pleasure from giving to the kids and Grandkids and, as well, we give donations to our favorite charities. We are blessed to have the ability to get whatever we desire (within reason) and we do so during the year (don't need to wait for Christmas. This year was our 29th Christmas together. Our marriage is the second time round for both of us and neither prior marriage was worth much except for the kids that resulted from them. I can relate to the Grrrr in Diverna's post as my first wife was NEVER happy/satisfied with whatever gift I got for her. The result of that was that after the third try I just gave her $$$ and let her buy her own!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master

I was up to no good. Told the 3 grandsons ( age 7-4 ) That if they stayed up for Santa shook his hand and thanked him they would get more presents.

Boolit Master
    My wife got me a big foot gun belt and it is great I tried it last night it works so much better than my regular belt. She also got me two really cool coffee cups and a bunch of yard gnomes because she knows I like those yeah I know I’m a little weird but they’re cool and it pisses off my commie neighbor up the steet.

The things I want are outside my wifes understanding or budget. So she asks me what I want, the price, and then tells me to buy it. This year it was a Sharps Rifle Company BCG. The bolt that's in the handgun now isn't junk (JP Enterprises) but it lacks forward assist serrations.

Wouldn't you know, $40 less today. But I'm not too POed. It's a $300 bolt for much less money.

https://www.srcarms.com/bolt-carrier...-bcg-dlc-black
    Let's go Brandon!

Boolit Master
    Cell phone-based internet! Since we moved into the new house four years ago I have not been able to enjoy internet. It just was not available in my location.... until now. I'm back. Merry Christmas to all.

I have missed CB forum the most.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

I got a Plasma Cutter & commandeered a kitchen cart the wife never uses...now I'm gonna build me a big'ole smoker from an old water pressure tank I've been saving for just that.

I am ready to 'rumble'!

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I got a Plasma Cutter & commandeered a kitchen cart the wife never uses...now I'm gonna build me a big'ole smoker from an old water pressure tank I've been saving for just that.

I am ready to 'rumble'!

That's funny because I think that is the exact cutter my wife gave me for Christmas. I just need to get a heavy duty extension for it.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    since the women in my life are all gone, its up to me to get something for myself if I want. So I got a New Holland workmaster 25 with a loader bucket to help me out with my chores. at 73,I need what help I can get with the firewood, and about 3/4 mile of dirt driveway.
    Barry

My wife of almost 50 yrs made me another great Christmas supper, also an apple pie. She got me some LP primers and I let her use up my cabela points same as the past past several years. We enjoyed a nice meal while furture discussing putting the ranch up for sale as prices have skyrocketed and there is lots of interest here from folks wanting to move into the area. Hard to do this after all the years, building our pwn log house and barns, fences, corrals, my own range, all back when we too were young, but also makes it tough for me to keep things up now besides, we no longer have cows. We pray God has another plan for us somewhere warm as I look out the window to see it is still snowing and has been all day...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I hate the gifting part....nor what this season is about for me.

I got a fruit cake...which I actually like, unlike many folks.

I got my fiancé a gold cross, which she complained about...chain too fragile??? Anyway, now I have to return it and start the process anew...grrr.
    ungrateful

NV monacal
    Whatever!

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Christmas was very layed back this year, as a widower with an adult [could be argued that chronological age is not a reliable measure] grandson we didn’t put up anything. I did go to my son and dil’s for the afternoon and had a nice time with them and my 10 year old granddaughter. My 21 year old was supposed to come over too but got caught up in drama at his girlfriends. Her drunk stepfather wound up in the pokey for the weekend for assaulting his wife. As my grandson has issues with his step mom we were split 50/50 as to his appearance. Oh well, my present wouldn’t fit under a Christmas tree but does fit fine under the carport. I bought myself a 28 ft 1973 Airstream to rebuild. Seemed like a good idea at the time, time will tell. Merry Christmas to me and to all. Stay safe.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 12-26-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by panhed65 View Post
    since the women in my life are all gone, its up to me to get something for myself if I want. So I got a New Holland workmaster 25 with a loader bucket to help me out with my chores. at 73,I need what help I can get with the firewood, and about 3/4 mile of dirt driveway.
    Barry
    Excellent Gift! My complements to Santa!

I got myself a decent pair of 12X42 binoculars so I can see the whales and wildlife.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Sig 365X with Romeo red dot and three extra mags.

Some dill sunflower seeds & mini tootsy rolls, a Diamond D Alaskan rig for my SRH 454, 2 fixed length (60 mm & 105 mm) Nikon lenses for my Nikon FX DSLR camera and some small reloading tools. She's pretty good to me & the best part family here to celebrate with us.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast