Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Did You Get For Christmas?

Boolit Grand Master

What Did You Get For Christmas?

Got the better half a few things as we are past the gift everything stage.

I got some gourmet black licorice, yum, a rechargeable OLight that is 1,000 lumens and plugs into a usb port to use in the semi and a plasma cutter. AC/DC 50 amp for small stuff.

First Christmas we remember no gun stuff exchanged.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I got to live one more year with my wife of 51 years who has advanced Parkinson Disease. Always on the Deans Honor Roll in College and far smarter than me, now she can't remember what day of the week it is. God's will is sometimes less than something to be happy about.

Boolit Master
    Loving wife got me a dewalt thickness planer while my kids (really wife since kids are 3 and 5) got me a Eye Candy pigment assortment set to make colored resin blanks. Should make for days of enjoyment in the future when the kids give me time to actually use them .

Boolit Grand Master
    I hate the gifting part....nor what this season is about for me.

I got a fruit cake...which I actually like, unlike many folks.

I got my fiancé a gold cross, which she complained about...chain too fragile??? Anyway, now I have to return it and start the process anew...grrr.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

May God bless you both.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Grand Master

I splurged, Went to the bank earlier this month and paid the house and property off. No more payments now. As far as actual gift I got a 5 x 7 tilting table for on the mill, drill press and surface grinder, and a 8 ounce dead blow mallet again for use on the machines.

Hmm maybe a new loan for a real Holland and Holland double rifle

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I splurged, Went to the bank earlier this month and paid the house and property off. No more payments now. As far as actual gift I got a 5 x 7 tilting table for on the mill, drill press and surface grinder, and a 8 ounce dead blow mallet again for use on the machines.

Hmm maybe a new loan for a real Holland and Holland double rifle
    Congrats on the house and that makes two of us with that gorilla off our shoulders this year. So, you used the equity in your house to buy that Holland, right?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    I got to live one more year with my wife of 51 years who has advanced Parkinson Disease. Always on the Deans Honor Roll in College and far smarter than me, now she can't remember what day of the week it is. God's will is sometimes less than something to be happy about.
    God's will is something we don't know or can fathom. I've been there as a past post can tell you. Lost several members of my family in a few years. Mother, 2 nephews, sisters and sister in law. Sorry for what you are going through but I will pray for your strength.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Enjoy her. I lost my wife of 43 years 5 days after Christmas last year. She had spent 9 months out of the year Iin a stemcell transplant unit. Seen the bill the insurance paid. $1380000. Hold her close.
    Steve

I got a new 24 foot Flagpole to fly US Flag from (old pole Aluminum) has been repaired too many times.

Boolit Master

I got my entire family over, woke up next to my beautiful wife of 40 years, got to see the wonder and smiles from my 8 year old grandson and a REALLY great meal. We also gave the gift of food to an elderly shut in we know — he was ecstatic about my wife’s cooking….as am I.

I don’t need anything but the above to be perfectly happy!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Got a couple of pliers from my daughter, an ultrasonic cleaner, a book from my lovely wife of almost 41 years ( 30th of this month if we both make it that long). Nothing spectacular as we both want for little except for health. Amazing to think that we are fast approaching the length of my parent's marriage. Dad died just before their 47th.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Got a big hug from my wife of 47 years!

Hugs are the best Christmas present,
    They are free, sincere, one size fits all and returns are welcome!
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master
    Neighbor stopped and backed up late this afternoon. Wanted to know if I would buy his .17 Remington - Remington 700. Some mixed brass, Redfield Revenge Scope, ( Muzzle Loader) ooppps, and the rifle. It has some spots the blue is off, but as a rule not too bad a shape.
    Some loaded rounds. Non Reloaders. Shells to be delivered when remodeling progresses future. $ 400.00 cash I said to my self , MERRY CHRISTMAS...best i have had in a while...

Vendor Sponsor

I pretty much already have most of what I need or want, so we gift small things, the GF and I visit with her family and friends, it's more about the get together than the gifting. I did get a camo ball cap with LEDs this one's Realtree and seems to be good quality. Now I won't have to wear the one I got a few years back with the Carolina Panthers logo on it.

I baked my traditional Christmas Eve chocolate chip cookies, 39yrs running now, everybody loves these things they are bad to the bone good.. Pecans, raisins, tart cherries, 3 kinds of chocolate, the dough is half cake flour and half bread flour, mix it up and it sits in the fridge for a couple of days while the chlorination process (from the cake flour) breaks down the gluten and gives the dough a real nice toffee flavor.. They are crispy and chocolatey bombs that burst in your mouth with flavor, definitely not your typical Betty Crocker type cookie recipe.

Attachment 293613

On Christmas day, we slept in, had some good snuggle time, it was a day to be thankful for what we have between us, and give thanks to God for the gift of salvation through Jesus, and to give much thanks that we met.

And then I remembered I played the lottery. Hmmmmm (fingers crossed)....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Well lets see.Got some things that were most welcome.Box of food.Snazzy hoodie.Other clothing that will be most useful.The biggest surprize of all was a real nice 10" 12 speed bench top drill press.Was NOT expecting that.Now just have to find a place to set it up in my apartment.
    A friend stopped by for a few hours and we had a great time.Christmas dinner was a couple of homemade subs with a couple of cold beers to wash them down.
    Some pecan pie for dessert.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Remington 700 varmit in .223, waiting on scope rings to take it out and shoot.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Auto-centering threading die holder (MT2) for my metal lathe

Accurate micro-calibrated tailstock offset jig for my #2MT lathe.

A couple $100 gift certs to various tool and eating places.

Large pro-level electric cooking griddle. I love griddle pancakes.

Gallon of REAL maple syrup to go with the griddle!

Logitek curved computer keyboard.

3 hub Linksys wireless router system for the entire house.

5 port NETGEAR GS105 Gigabit router auto switch.

Large 2# box of chocolate candies.

Cash.

Not a bad haul!

Best of all...........................I got a 100% all-clear report back on the X-rays/ultrasounds I had for potential cancer.

You bet! Being cancer free IS the best gift you could get!
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master
    Bagerjim, congrats on the all clear!!! That is a great gift!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast