RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Trying to Restore to Service Hornady/Pacific Dl-155

Trying to Restore to Service Hornady/Pacific Dl-155

While on a clean and organize mission deep in the bowels of my cave ( this happens about 1 per 10 years ) I stumble across this titled press. I have 2 shot bushing for it and 1 powder. I do not remember exactly how it jumped into my possession . I faintly remember a trade. I am almost certain I never actually used it.

Sooooooooooo it is so filthy and even has some powder in one tube and shot in the other. Tear it all apart and it now shines. With the exception of the plastic powder and shot hoppers. Anyway put it all back together and load about 10 shells with it. To my surprise I actually like working with it. Some of my wife's fussiness must be rubbing off on me.

The real importants things it works and does a beautiful crimp job on the 20 gauges I loaded. The discolored shot/powder bins are bothering me why ? Anyway decide it is 2 " OD plastic tube 1-7/8" ID x 14 inches long. Which I think I am going to shorten up some.

As far as parts mainly powder bushings I understand Posness Warren bushing will work in this press. The one I have might be all I need studying the manuals for what I want anyway. The bins are harder to find than what I anticipated though. The ID is not that critical but trying to buy what you want is.

I can find the material I need to fabricate what I need trouble is most places will only sell a minimum of so many feet.

Most places 4 foot is the minimum. Which would be ok but then the shipping charge is way high cause of length.

Anyone got idea where to look ? Flea bay has some pieces that may work already cut to what I can use, but prices seem high to me

You can probably get what you need form Mc Master Carr. They usually have lengths of material available in 1 foot increments, adn can cut to order.

Randy.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Thanks randy. Still hunting though, they were expensive at 13 something apiece and 10 shipping. Moot point as I tried to sign in and apparently forgot my password. Anyway stumbled across some at Amazon that may work. Will post pic if they work.

Expensive but very nice. I have them for my RCBS powder measures.

https://dramworx.com/products/ponsness-warren/
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    look on ebay for 2" tubes i bought some for the texan presses
    10 to 12" is plenty long enough i cut mine to 7" will load 50+ 1oz

Boolit Master
    Look on Amazon.
    They have it for about $9.00 for 12 inch lenght.
    Amazon prime gives free shipping.

Lafaun
    Just staying at home and playing with multi-color boolits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2DC87A91-02B5-47A2-AAC6-75BDB441C299.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	293691
    I use a pair of blue pacific/bair 155’s, one in 20 ga and one in 12 ga. Nice machines, make good loads. Got one from a bud and another from fleabay. Only things I’m missing are the primer catcher cups. I added a flat bearing under the starter crimp station to encourage the case to turn and self align itself so the folds fold correctly.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 12-26-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got a Pacific DL-155 APF (12, 20, & partial 410) and a Pacific 366 (12).
    It's been a few years ago, but Hornady had all the parts I needed to rebuild both machines. New plastic tubes and any shot or powder bushing should be available, but nothing surprises me anymore.

Thanks to all. Yup I found some tube on Amazon as well. It was one 24 inch long tube. I had a real short section on hand. Experimented with a little bit to make sure would work. Then ordered it. In case someone needs powder bushing for their Pacifics.

I found on Ebay an adaptor that permits using Mec powder bushings. Studying it I made a crude one out of some PVC pipe . Reamed it out until Mec bushing fit the id of the pipe. The OD matched the Pacific bar OD . Assembled it and eureka it worked. Just dry run though. Just wanted to make sure mechanically possible.

So I ordered one of this guy's adaptor. Cost me 10.89 including shipping. Supposed to be a printed 3-D object. Will post good or bad after I load a few on the press. I sure hope it works as it has been a headache trying to find bushings for this in the past.

Boolit Master

Trying to Restore to Service Hornady/Pacific Dl-155

Ballistic Products has an aluminum adaptor for about $8, that is where I bought mine.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Boolit Master
    I use a Lyman DL 155 to load 10 gage , I found the powder bushings I needed at midway a few years ago

Pete- thanks for the heads up on ballistic products. I ordered that aluminum adaptor also. So I should be set.

Here be the finished make over . DL Pacific making loads again.

Good job.
    I'm a little late to the party on this, but I think Hornady still uses the same clear tubes as they did back then.

I had a powder dropper from the early 80s--- the design wasn't new then, but my tube had cracked & split.
    I called 'em up and they sent me a new one- it fit my old measure perfectly, but did have the new generation decals on it.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Good job.
    I'm a little late to the party on this, but I think Hornady still uses the same clear tubes as they did back then.

I had a powder dropper from the early 80s--- the design wasn't new then, but my tube had cracked & split.
    I called 'em up and they sent me a new one- it fit my old measure perfectly, but did have the new generation decals on it.
    You are correct. They are the same tubes that are used on the 366.

Boolit Bub
    I have my fathers that is set up for 16ga and a 12ga that I bought at a consignment auction for $25. I need to learn how to use them.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    If I understand the OP correctly, he is having trouble finding charge bar bushings. I find that a bit odd since PAC/HOR shotshell bushings have been the same since I bought my first 366 in 1969. I must have 35-40 bushings, powder and shot. They are readily available on ebay.

For whatever it may be worth, if I recall correctly, the number on the POWDER bushing corresponds with the ID of said bushing. I have on occasion opened up a bushing to throw a specific charge for a powder that the chart did not show. Of course, I filed off the number and Vibro tooled the ID, the powder, and charge on it.

There is a guy on ebay that has 11 1/2" long, 2" OD, 1 7/8" ID clear plastic tubes for $3.00 and shipping, around $4.00.

As far as I'm concerned, the DL 155 is the best of the single station shotshell reloaders ever made by ANY company, especially if one has the primer feeder. I've tried most of the readily available presses over the last 60 years, with the exception of the really high dollar units. I wouldn't buy a Texan or a MEC for a dime unless I could sell it for fifteen cents, especially Texan.
    Last edited by roysha; 02-03-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Nice work on your 155 rebuild. I like mine a bunch. Used furniture nuts under my bunch so I can swap them [12 or 20 gauge] back and forth.