Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Backwards 310 die

Boolit Bub

Backwards 310 die

Sometime during the past year or so, I bought a 45 ACP decapping die to complete a set of dies. When the die arrived, I just put it away and didn’t really look at it. I pulled out the set to take on an upcoming camping trip and it wasn’t until then that I noticed the die was screwed up. I guess the good news is that I should be able to use it in my TL Jr press since I can thread it from the bottom. Makes you wonder how many other 310 dies went out like this, or is this one just a unicorn?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backwards 310 die 2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	294154

Boolit Master

That's a head scratcher for sure . . . .
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Those dies fit on the two front stations of Lyman’s notorious and short-lived “EZY-Loader” reloading press. A strong contender for the worst reloading tool made.

They come up for sale on auction sites frequently, so it shouldn’t be hard to view a picture. Might even be a few pix on the ARTCA site.

Boolit Grand Master
    Mr Ramrod nailed it. That die is pretty much a useless curiosity unless you happen to have that oddball press, in which case it becomes about priceless! Strangely enough, there have been several of these presses on fleaBay lately. I wonder if it was they work so poorly or because they couldn’t get these dies?

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

That is the thing I like about looking on here for info. Someone knows, No matter what the question or issue, someone knows..
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Mr Ramrod nailed it. That die is pretty much a useless curiosity unless you happen to have that oddball press, in which case it becomes about priceless! Strangely enough, there have been several of these presses on fleaBay lately. I wonder if it was they work so poorly or because they couldn’t get these dies?

Froggie
    I guess that set up was the precursor to the equally useless "Breech Lock" every manufacturer likes to push on us .
    I remember the big selling point was ...no screwing the die in , it just slipped right in all adjusted ...
    Went over like a lead balloon ! I never had any trouble screwing things ...why do they keep trying to change the threaded die system !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoutdog99 View Post
    Sometime during the past year or so, I bought a 45 ACP decapping die to complete a set of dies. When the die arrived, I just put it away and didn’t really look at it. I pulled out the set to take on an upcoming camping trip and it wasn’t until then that I noticed the die was screwed up. I guess the good news is that I should be able to use it in my TL Jr press since I can thread it from the bottom. Makes you wonder how many other 310 dies went out like this, or is this one just a unicorn?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backwards 310 die 2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	294154
    Send it back to Lyman. They won't recognize it either.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    Those dies fit on the two front stations of Lyman’s notorious and short-lived “EZY-Loader” reloading press. A strong contender for the worst reloading tool made.

They come up for sale on auction sites frequently, so it shouldn’t be hard to view a picture. Might even be a few pix on the ARTCA site.
    Actually the dies that appear to be "backwards/upside down" were made for the center station of the EZY loader, as there is no access to the station from the top.
    Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Scott, I think you misspelled it. It’s more properly the “Queasy Loader” because you’ll get sick of trying to load with it!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    I guess that set up was the precursor to the equally useless "Breech Lock" every manufacturer likes to push on us .
    I remember the big selling point was ...no screwing the die in , it just slipped right in all adjusted ...
    Went over like a lead balloon ! I never had any trouble screwing things ...why do they keep trying to change the threaded die system !
    Gary
    Manufacturers of "durable goods" continue to "upgrade and improve" their products so they can sell new stuff. Of course they lie about it allot. It is all about the bottom line and not about the quality and usefulness of the particular durable good.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Manufacturers of "durable goods" continue to "upgrade and improve" their products so they can sell new stuff. Of course they lie about it allot. It is all about the bottom line and not about the quality and usefulness of the particular durable good.
    I'll Drink To That ... Cheers
    This round is on me
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"