MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gentlemen, I am going senile

Boolit Master

Gentlemen, I am going senile

I bought a 4 cavity Lyman 452460 recently, was doing a little cleaning up on it this morning and some detective work trying to find the burr or whatever was hanging up the bullet in one cavity. After I'd finished and was putting it away, I was pondering if I should sell some of the molds I have I never use when I saw a mold I'd completely forgotten I'd bought.

I got this mold at an estate sale last year along with a Lyman 20 pound casting pot and some other goodies, the mold is a double cavity Lee 312185 of the old style block, which I much prefer over the new style so much so that I won't even have one of the new style. I remember being quite pleased with this find as I have a single cavity of the same cut and use it in several rifles, a CZ 7.62x39, Marlin 30-30, Ruger 308, Lee-Enfield Mk4 NO.1 and an AR 300 Black Out. It's quite a versatile bullet and it shoots quite well but as a single cavity it just isn't quite up to the production I want, so when I saw the double cavity I nabbed it. Problem at this point is I'd completely forgotten I had it. I'd so completely forgotten about it that two weeks ago I bought the NOE SC-311-171-RF-13 4 cavity. To make matters worse I have a plastic ramen noodle bowl on my table full of the Lee 312185. I've no idea when I cast them nor which of the two molds I have I cast them with.

My wife says I get more like my Dad every day. He was a grumpy, ill tempered, arthritic, pack rat with a bad memory. It does not pain me that she says this. It pains me that every week something happens which reminds me of the truth of it. Like any man worth his salt, I have a tool for most any situation a fella could find himself in. The problem at this point is being able to recognize the situation for what it is and remembering where the tool is at.

Boolit Master
    Hurray, I’m not alone!

Nah, my bet is not senile. Probably just lots of things to do, and when something gets completed (find the new mold), the thought / memory goes in the "done" pile, rather than chasing down all the tails. This is my explanation...
    I always "know" I will "remember" the more recent things, and that all will be good... Just too many things to remember every day...

I’m getting there too. My lack of funds keeps me from making purchases and forgetting.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

USMC 77, USRA 79

John.... you just Had to bring this up....

Seems like I resemble this post wayyyyy to much... like all of us, I feel the need to push BACK against the issues my body suffers, and now it seems I need to constantly push back against mental stuff as well????? there is no peace against the war of getting older...

I wish I could just let it go and age gracefully, but something in my just wants to FIGHT!!!!! therefore, I remain the "He was a grumpy, ill tempered, arthritic, pack rat with a bad memory".. I used to be such a nice guy?????

Marko
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

I'm in the same boat as well
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Buddy
    What is it we were talking about? And whereinhell'd I put my hearing aidsanyway??

Boolit Master

oh man. This is getting close to home. right now I'm sort of looking for a set of keys that are to two tool boxes and a garage door. I'm just sure it'll find them. unfortunately it will probably be right after i cut the padlocks off.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Grand Master

I turned into my Dad about 5 years ago ... Stephen King could write a real good horror story on this premise and a heck of a movie could be made ... watching yourself turn into and to start doing things that you swore you would never do ... is truly scarey !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    oh man. This is getting close to home. right now I'm sort of looking for a set of keys that are to two tool boxes and a garage door. I'm just sure it'll find them. unfortunately it will probably be right after i cut the padlocks off.
    Been there, done that, got the wife look.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Got it all on a Zip drive with spreadsheets for when I die and who to contact to sell …
    Including the 263 molds, 32 die sets, 1700 lbs Pb, 3000+ brass cases, etc
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Got it all on a Zip drive with spreadsheets for when I die and who to contact to sell …
    Including the 263 molds, 32 die sets, 1700 lbs Pb, 3000+ brass cases, etc
    Great idea. I did that also. Put it on a thumb drive. Now where the heck is that thumb drive?

Sadly my dad got to where he confused me with his brother. I still know who my son is just fine and have a pretty firm grip on reality. Not that the last couple of years couldn’t have been a really bad fever dream.

Boolit Grand Master
    Way to close to home.

Boolit Buddy
    I resemble that! I sometimes forget what I was doing when I take a break. My Dad at 91 tells me ....You aint seen nothing yet!

Boolit Master

HUH?? What did you say??
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    Hurray, I’m not alone!
    Ditto!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Geez John! Now you've gone and done it and let folks know there are a lot of us out there with the same issue!

I have been casting for a lot of years and like many, my mold collection just seems to multiply like rabbits. A few years ago, I typed up an inventory of my molds - my thoughts were if I had one, I wouldn't buy a duplicate. Well that didn't work so well . . . . more times than I want to admit I have run across molds that I thought might be fun to have - only to buy it and discover I already have one but haven't used it for years.

Welcome to the CRS club! Our next annual meeting is tomorrow - no if I could only remember where it's being held! Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    I bought a 4 cavity Lyman 452460 recently, was doing a little cleaning up on it this morning and some detective work trying to find the burr or whatever was hanging up the bullet in one cavity. After I'd finished and was putting it away, I was pondering if I should sell some of the molds I have I never use when I saw a mold I'd completely forgotten I'd bought.

I got this mold at an estate sale last year along with a Lyman 20 pound casting pot and some other goodies, the mold is a double cavity Lee 312185 of the old style block, which I much prefer over the new style so much so that I won't even have one of the new style. I remember being quite pleased with this find as I have a single cavity of the same cut and use it in several rifles, a CZ 7.62x39, Marlin 30-30, Ruger 308, Lee-Enfield Mk4 NO.1 and an AR 300 Black Out. It's quite a versatile bullet and it shoots quite well but as a single cavity it just isn't quite up to the production I want, so when I saw the double cavity I nabbed it. Problem at this point is I'd completely forgotten I had it. I'd so completely forgotten about it that two weeks ago I bought the NOE SC-311-171-RF-13 4 cavity. To make matters worse I have a plastic ramen noodle bowl on my table full of the Lee 312185. I've no idea when I cast them nor which of the two molds I have I cast them with.

My wife says I get more like my Dad every day. He was a grumpy, ill tempered, arthritic, pack rat with a bad memory. It does not pain me that she says this. It pains me that every week something happens which reminds me of the truth of it. Like any man worth his salt, I have a tool for most any situation a fella could find himself in. The problem at this point is being able to recognize the situation for what it is and remembering where the tool is at.

Your description co-responds to everyone I have ever known who was moderately active or quite active with re-Loading.

It's just how it is!

Lol...

Welcome to the ''Island of Misplaced Thoughts''!
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast