RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Marlins are getting good reviews.

Boolit Grand Master
    I question the first rifle out of the gate being the 1895

Seems to me the 1894’s would be more popular.

The accuracy claims seem questionable. Like stated above, getting some data from users will be telling.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy

I agree, the 1984s is where the demand is at.. But Ruger probably doesn't have the manufacturing capacity yet to deal with higher demand rifles. This model is basically for getting the machines fired up and production rolling. When they get higher production capacity, you'll start seeing the more popular models.

OK guys,,, I can tell all of you that the price won't be going down! If you don't already know this the cost of materials to make guns has gone ape!

SS has tripled in cost in just the last 6 months. These guns will be the best made Marlin Rifles of all time, and they are doing everything possible to make that happen. However they also will cost more because that is what it takes to make better guns. I might add that all of the things they have done to these guns to make them better hasn't increased the cost, in fact it has decreased the cost to produce by streamlining the production processes.

I don't know if Ruger will produce any of the "more Generic" guns like Marlin used to, (IE: truck guns) but I would think they would be the last to come out.

The $1300 price point was where the "Third Tier" "Nice Guns" were at in the past, with 1st tier being "truck guns" at $5-600 and 2nd tier being in the $8-900 range. Then the Custom Guns that were made to order by Dakota Arms started at $3500 and went strait up from there.

You guys need to get it thru your heads that everything is going up. Used Cars are worth Twice what they were going for earlier this year.

If you want quality you're going to have to pay for it!

Someone said if they weren't comparable to Winchesters they weren't interested. Well Winchesters cost $15-1600 now, so why should these cost less and still be better?

Things are changing fast and the fact that they can produce these guns at all, should be something to be rewarded with Respect!

And just so you know, I got this from the source and they asked me for input on some of the fine points. Not some internet BS.

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 12-23-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

Well that was certainly succinct. If you check the well known firearm auction sight, the last iteration of the 1895 SBL, the one that everyone complained about because it didn't have a JM stamped on the barrel and there for was junk, is routinely fetching 3000.00 and up. I imagine that some people would crab if Ruger gave their product away. Randy is dead right, the price of everything has gone up. FWIW, 1400.00 is a SUGGESTED retail price. When was the last time you saw a gun sell at full retail? If I remember correctly, the Remington manufactured 1895 SBL retailed very close to that, The one I purchased, was just a fuzz under a grand. For me, I'd rather pay more for a "good" gun than a mediocre cheap gun (Think Shiloh Sharps vs an H&R Handi rifle). More money? Damn straight and for good reason. I think it's a minor miracle that Ruger bothered to pick up the pieces of a broken firm and set about making it viable once more and I'm thrilled. I'll certainly entertain a purchase if they market something I desire. The good thing is, we all have choices. I hope everyone has a blessed Merry Christmas.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I would pay $1400.00 for a Ruglin 1895 instead of a Winoku 86 with endless light strike problems. I'm a big fan of Miroku guns but it is absurd to pay that much for a firearm and then have to "fix" it with expensive old style parts.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    After the "new" wears off, that $1400 MSRP will equate to about $1000 selling price in the field. Wallacem

Boolit Grand Master
    I will never buy a Ruger during the first year of production of a new model. IME, you have virtually a 50-50 shot at getting a bad gun. I don't care what the paid reviews are saying. I'll wait to hear what the buyers say, the ones who have bought a gun off the shelf like I would.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I for one am looking forward to even more good products from the new Ruger/Marlon how are you want to put it I think they will do a good job and I think the price will come down hopefully I would really love to have a very good quality 94 and 357 magnum.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flint45 View Post
    I for one am looking forward to even more good products from the new Ruger/Marlon how are you want to put it I think they will do a good job and I think the price will come down hopefully I would really love to have a very good quality 94 and 357 magnum.
    this makes two of us
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Me three.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    My experience with ruger rifles has not been good, so I am hoping to be surprised.
    Barry

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    My Henry X has exceeded my 1894 Remlin in every way. I'll stick with it for half the price of a new Ruglin.
    I have a Henry X in 45-70. It is better than I thought it would be. Trigger pull under 4 lbs. And I have found loads with AA5744 that will print inside of 1.25 inches consistently at 100 meters. Bought it at Dicks Sporting Goods for 869. No its not pretty. But it does what I want it to do so far.

Boolit Buddy
    I am willing to bet a few $ at some point we will see a 1894/Blackhawk combo in the caliber of your choice(with somehow matched serial numbers ) in the not too distant future. THEN I AM IN. As to the price of that 1895, I had a JM 1895 shortened, threaded, converted to takedown, large loop(very similar to the new one), WWG sights, recoil pad and quick detach scope put on it. If I had the new one it would have saved me several hundred dollars in gunsmithing. Not for everyone but in my case this would have been a very good start.

Boolit Buddy
    one bean counting company that run the company into ground, to the next bean counter company that has been cheapning there product over the years and thats the flagship they put out !

Quote Originally Posted by freakonaleash View Post
    I'm out. A real wood stock would be nice, the over sized lever loop looks stupid, a little larger barrel diameter would be nice and they could skip the stainless steel. Why not a reasonable hunting caliber? Something like a 38-56 or 40-65 would be great. And, there is nothing more stupid that a cross bolt safety on a lever gun. I guess that's why I buy old guns.
    That safety is a lawyer button. I actually like the one on my 1895 CB when I am unloading it but that's just me.The lock hole on a S&W revolver runs the Marlin neck and neck as far as stupid, IMHO.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Two years ago the new Colt Python came out with MSRP $1499. I don’t know anyone who has bought one for that. I see them priced in the brick and mortar gun shops for $2k plus or minus a little and they are moving!

The new Ruger/Marlin with MSRP at $1400 is a decent number for 2022. The question for me is what will the street price be? Will they sell fast for over MSRP like the Pyrhons have for two years?
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Master
    I'd like to have a 22" 45-70 Marlin what for I don't know? Just to have I guess.

I don't know why they always make these in 45-70. How about something like 40-65 or 38-56. I'd be interested in that gun in a smaller caliber even though it's ugly as sin. Well, skip the stainless steel and stock it in real wood.....maybe I ought to start my own gun business.

Loving my Rossi's more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by freakonaleash View Post
    I don't know why they always make these in 45-70. How about something like 40-65 or 38-56. I'd be interested in that gun in a smaller caliber even though it's ugly as sin. Well, skip the stainless steel and stock it in real wood.....maybe I ought to start my own gun business.
    Because they are obsolete calibers that are a PITA to get/make components for, 45/70 are easy to load for and get components for. That would be my guess.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast