WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Carbon fibre tube on barrel

Boolit Mold

Carbon fibre tube on barrel

I had previously attached a carbon fibre stretch sock with resin on a powder burner to help harmonics which helped. As I had a carbon fibre tube of the same dimension as my Texan barrel I decided to attach it to see if it helps its harmonics as I have seen a slow motion .458 Texan barrel whip video. To see if it helps I will try it bare then epoxy it later. I have read that attaching a muzzle brake makes a difference but I want to try this method first. Has anyone got better groups with carbon fibre resin coated or not or a muzzle break?

This is a common method for increasing the stiffness of airgun barrels.... Here is a photo of my .257 Condor barrel sleeved with a 26mm OD carbon sleeve over the 16mm barrel, compared to the original .22 caliber barrel below it....

The carbon sleeve is turned down and inserted into the rear collar for about half its (increased) length.... The barrel in increased in stiffness about 7 times....

Bob