Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger PC Carbine Cast Bullets

Boolit Grand Master
    When I had a Sub-2000 I bought a can of Blue Dot to push the 9mm hard and use that longer barrel to advantage. A buddy wanted the gun badly and I sold it before playing with BD.

I recently bought two Hi-Point carbines and will be wringing them out when the weather gets better. Not sure I want to "hot rod" them. If you want to maximize performance, BD or Power Pistol powders would by good choices. If you just want to plink, use your normal pistol load and KISS.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by quilbilly View Post
    Speaking of 45/45/10 - Is the Alox just from the Lee liquid or where do you get it from? I have plenty of the paste wax and mineral spirits around already (plus a few containers of Lee anyway).
    Yes, use a bottle of Lee Alox mixed in with reduced Johnson paste wax and Mineral Spirits. LLS, White Lube selling premixed by the quart and works great but seems different consistincy then the 45/45/10 that I make GW

Boolit Buddy

The benifit of 45/45/10 over Lee Alox is the even coating. A lot of my bullets are shot at SASS matches. I run Lee 125 RNFP as cast with this mixture. Very light coat. If I can see it or the bullet looks brown, TOO much. I use a 2 gal pail with angle iron vanes. Cast 30 lbs and put in bucket then roll across floor till all coated. Dump on wire cooling tray and quit for the day. Come back the next morning and box the bullets while waiting for the pot to heat and do it all over again !0 days then switch molds and repeat Love not using my sizer for all bullets GW

Boolit Master
    Haven't run my own cast through my Ruger but it has almost entirely been run on Blue Bullets 135gr TC coated cast. It runs like a champ, very accurate with that bullet pushed by 4.7gr of Vectan Ba9. Its almost exclusively a competition gun hence the Blue Bullets. I don't have the time nor desire to cast my own considering the quantity I use.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    How different is your liquid alox from Lee's liquid alox? Lee's gums up the feed ramp in my handguns.
    Tokarev - here you go: https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...-amp-Mess-Free

This stuff thins your Alox so it is much easier to apply consistently; it stretches your Alox a great deal further; it utilizes the carnauba wax in the JPW to encapsulate it in a hard, non-gummy shell.

Full disclosure, I'm still in the trial run of the bottle of commercial White Label Lube produce and haven't made my own yet. All the same, check out the recipe - there's more nuance in making a batch of Toll House Cookies.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Buddy

I have used the Lyman #356634, 130 grain flat point in a Ruger PC carbine with success. My mold seems to cast chubby .358 bullets when I add extra musket balls to Missouri Bullet hardball alloy. Bullets weigh 133 grains and seem to be .358 to .359. I lube them with Thompson Red Angel and seat them to a rather short 1.020” inches in Remington brass on top 3.8 grains of Unique. The PC Carbine never leaded with this combination (My Browning HP also likes this combination) and cycled reliably. The Remington brass does not swage the bullets down to a lesser diameter, but still chambers reliably. My distance vision isn’t that great but at 25 years headshot size groups were easy.

Boolit Buddy
    It's pretty similar in function to Ben's Liquid Lube - invented by a member here. That was a mixture of Johnson's Liquid Wax and Alox, but since that Johnson's product got discontinued shortly after Ben's discovery 45/45/10 has become it's successor.
    Your obituary for Ben's Liquid Lube is premature. There's an updated formula using Lundmark floor wax. I switched from purchased 45/45/10 to BLL and won't be going back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12