Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger PC Carbine Cast Bullets

Boolit Buddy

Ruger PC Carbine Cast Bullets

Just got this carbine in 9mm and will be shooting 124 grain cast bullets in it. Hoping to hear from some others who shot this carbine with cast bullets. What powders and bullet weight.
    Thanks,
    TF

Boolit Buddy
    I have one and shoot 124 TC, 125 Rn, and 147 RFN all over 2.8 gr N100 (old formula) The 147's are accurate and quiet thru suppressor.
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have a 9mm carbine and I shoot any and all weights of boolits I cast out of it, which is at least 4, including 2 HP versions. I use all the standard powders for 9mm listed in the loading manuals. I never give out powder weight loads on forums. It is up to you to figure that out from the manuals.

I PC everything with the ESPC method.

Up until now I have pretty much stuck with my reloads made for my 9MM pistols. Results have been satisfactory for my needs. Velocities are predictably about 2 to 3 hundred feet faster from the 18" barrel. I have not experienced any leading using my WW alloyed water quenched cast bullets.

I have to say out of the box this carbine has performed as advertised. Accuracy has been as good as I can shoot. Not sure why but accuracy seems to improve when better rifle shooters than I shoot my rifle. LOL. Most other makes of carbines that sell up here at the same price point require either after market parts or tweaking in order perform well. My Ruger has remained stock other than to add a small scope/red dot.

Take Care
    Merry Christmas

Bob
    Last edited by robertbank; 12-19-2021 at 09:38 PM.
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for replies Guys!
    Think I work with the 124 bullets with the hand gun loads I currently use and hopefully the carbine will shoot well with my hand gun loads.
    Thanks,
    TF

Boolit Buddy
    I have had one for about 6 no before they were announced to the public and I have fired about 100-110k rounds through it and I shoot the MP 359-130rf over 3.8 bullseye I have shot that round from 5’-200 yards and I have even killed deer with the HP version of that out to 75 yards!! I love mine

Boolit Master

Was shooting mine today! A 175g LEE 401175tc is a great bullet! Shooting touching shots @ 50yards and under 2" out @ 100.

Mt MP 403-165hp mold drops oretty bullets that shoot very well @ 1250fps with Longshot in the 16" barrel.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Any 9mm caliber is similar to another one. I shot 124gr cast from my CX4. Used 6.4gr of HS6 behind them. It was an OK load that I never bothered to develop because it worked well out of the box. Just for the love of God, do not buy Lee's tumble-lube mold for them. Liquid Alox gums up the feed ramp. Use regular bullets and lube.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Tokarve,
    My regular 9mm load is a middle of the road charge of Tite Group with a Lee TC 120 grain pill lubed with Javalina alox lube. These work great in my pistol and I am hoping will do the same in my new carbine.
    Thanks for your reply.
    TF

Boolit Buddy

My Ruger PC9 has been eating anything I put in the case. Think heavy bullets better Not running anything to the max just plinking steel GW

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9mm Ranch Dog Jug 9 recover 1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	293552

NOE/Ranch Dog 135 grain tumble lube with Bullseye. Drops out of the mold at .357", which suits the Ruger's .356" groove perfectly. Load delivers 1030 fps out of a Glock 17 - haven't clocked it in the carbine yet.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    tumble lube with Bullseye
    What is Bulleseye?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post

Name:	9mm Ranch Dog Jug 9 recover 1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	293552

NOE/Ranch Dog 135 grain tumble lube with Bullseye. Drops out of the mold at .357", which suits the Ruger's .356" groove perfectly. Load delivers 1030 fps out of a Glock 17 - haven't clocked it in the carbine yet.
    Nust a awesome lil bullet!!!
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy

My Ruger PC Carbines have been fed a diet of either Berrys or leftover Ranier 115 gr plated RN over either Unique or W231/HP38 with no issues whatsoever. I have some Moyer and some coated Steel Valley Casting 124s I need to play with in those carbines.

Noah

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What is Bulleseye?
    Sorry. . .tumble lube with White Label 45/45/10 and load with Hercules/Alliant Bullseye powder.
    WWJMBD?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    Nust a awesome lil bullet!!!

Name:	9mm Ranch Dog 100Y Jug.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	293564

Still busts a jug nicely out of the carbine at 100 yards. . .

Name:	9mm Ranch Dog Jug Stick 2.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	293565

BAAAAARELY penetrated 9 jugs in a row at seven yards out of the Glock, so good for about six feet of water and plastic. . .

Name:	9mm Ranch Dog Jug Bust 3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	293566

Still had enough steam to hydrostatically rupture the third jug in the stack before settling down to straight line penetration.

I know not what course others may take, but as for me, load development is DONE!
    WWJMBD?

How different is your liquid alox from Lee's liquid alox? Lee's gums up the feed ramp in my handguns.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    How different is your liquid alox from Lee's liquid alox? Lee's gums up the feed ramp in my handguns.
    45/45/10 is a mix of Alox, Johnson's Paste Wax with most of it's volatiles cooked out, and a smidge of mineral spirits as a thinner. Properly applied, you get a thin, barely perceptible hard shell on the bullets.

It's pretty similar in function to Ben's Liquid Lube - invented by a member here. That was a mixture of Johnson's Liquid Wax and Alox, but since that Johnson's product got discontinued shortly after Ben's discovery 45/45/10 has become it's successor. In my experience, it's a little cleaner with regards to bore residue than Ben's.

My most recent 45/45/10 application was with a nearly identical design of 175 grain bullet in a .38/44 Heavy Duty load workup in my .357 GP-100 - the 96 rounds of which ran up to about 1100 fps with Unique powder. A single pull of a CLP-saturated Bore Snake left me with what looked like a factory-new shiny barrel. I like the stuff!
    WWJMBD?

If wiped off the bullet noses or if used in revolvers, Lee's liquid alox works fine as well. I just was not able to get bullets lubed with it to feed consistently in semi-autos. The first handful flies off but after 5 or so of them they fail to feed.

Boolit Master
    Speaking of 45/45/10 - Is the Alox just from the Lee liquid or where do you get it from? I have plenty of the paste wax and mineral spirits around already (plus a few containers of Lee anyway).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast