MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: running two pressure cookers this morning

Banned

running two pressure cookers this morning

Ive got my little electric one (power pressure cooker) going with an chunk of boned out elk neck and 6 quarts of neck meat in the real one just to can it for later. I always gave my dad all the necks when we crop damage shot. He passed a couple weeks ago and ma doesnt eat venison so told me to empty it out. I took a bunch just marked necks. It looked like whole deer necks but when I thawed it it was BIG chunks of boned out neck that sure didnt come from a white tail. My brother in law shot an elk this year and im pretty sure thats where it came from so ill have to pass on half of it when its done to him.

Boolit Master
    I’ve been hunting deer now for sixty years. My hunting buddy and I were just talking yesterday about canning the next deer we get. Neither of us can think of a better way to eat venison than canned. It’s simply hard to describe how good it is. You’re going to have some fantastic eating when you get it done. Sorry to hear about your father passing. Enjoy that canned meat.

My 3 daughters expect canned venison every year for Christmas! I is a perfect last-minute meal for their families.

Boolit Master

I boned out three necks last week, then put the bones in the pressure cooker until the remaining meat fell off. Quite a bit of meat hiding between the vertebrae, probably two pounds or better. I love my pressure cooker. The slow cooker has been sent to the basement for storage.

Boolit Master

Some good eating a head Lloyd. I think ill make some back strap meat for dinner.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlofPa. View Post
    Some good eating a head Lloyd. I think ill make some back strap meat for dinner.
    we had a half a neck yesterday for supper in the crock pot. One of them was bound in twine. Dad would never had done that so someone obviously gave it to him that had a butcher cut up his deer. I pressure cooked it for an hour. Dumped in a can of cream of mushroom soup and a pack of lipton onion soup mix and some carrots and potatoes after the pressure cooking and left it on the crock put setting all day. It was as good as it gets. I never fooled much with necks. Up to this year we killed at least 50 deer a year and most of the necks went to my dad and my buddys brother. I considered them to much work to bother with but i think ill look differently at it in the future. that meat was fall apart tender and i think it actually had better flavor then a hind quarter roast and my wife agreed.