RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Wtb box of pure lead

Boolit Buddy

Wtb box of pure lead

I’m needing a box of pure lead to cast round balls and maxi balls for my muzzle loaders. Pm me what you have and how much you want for it. I want at least a medium flat rate box maybe 2.

Andy

Boolit Buddy

Site sponsor Rotometals has 26.2lb, 99.9% pure lead bricks on sale and free shipping any quantity.

https://www.rotometals.com/surplus-l...x-8-99-9-pure/

Spensive but available. Not a bad deal if desperate. Try your local recycling center. Sometimes those guys will part with plumbers lead or even trade you plumbers lead for something you might have. Brass, copper, etc.

Some plumbers shops may have some plumbers lead pipes they have pulled out of houses. You might check with a few of them in your area.
    Roofers use lead roof flashing sheets. You might check with some roofers to see if they have any cut off scraps or lead sheets they have pulled from roofs they re-roofed.
    Ohio Rusty ><>
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

Boolit Buddy Blackhawk Convertable's Avatar
    $60 shipped for 26.2 lbs from Roto sounds like a great deal to me. A medium flat rate box is almost $20. I have 20 lb of dental leaf lead I would sell for $2/lb. But by the time you add the shipping, you are close to Roto price

Boolit Buddy
    I’m not in some rush, i normally buy a few medium flat rate boxes full off the site every year.

Boolit Buddy
    Bump up top

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Roto is a good source for those in anti-lead states.

I fondly remember the old days when COWW ingots and soft lead ingots were everywhere on this forum for 50-75¢/pound.

Last batch of COWW's I bought on here was 50¢/a pound remelted into 2# clean ingots. 450# of the little suckers. Got 180# of FREE clean range lead ingots back in Feb 2020 from a guy moving out of state.

It's out there. You just don't know when it will pop up!

I have absolutely no idea where you are located (it is nice to show your location in your description, like most others) but hope you are in a state that still lets you buy Pb from junk yards.

banger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Roto is a good source for those in anti-lead states.

I fondly remember the old days when COWW ingots and soft lead ingots were everywhere on this forum for 50-75¢/pound.

Last batch of COWW's I bought on here was 50¢/a pound remelted into 2# clean ingots. 450# of the little suckers. Got 180# of FREE clean range lead ingots back in Feb 2020 from a guy moving out of state.

It's out there. You just don't know when it will pop up!

I have absolutely no idea where you are located (it is nice to show your location in your description, like most others) but hope you are in a state that still lets you buy Pb from junk yards.

banger
    Jim, I have to laugh when you say it helps to mention your location "like most others" and your location is "Out of here. wandering somewhere in the southwest"". LOL That can cover about 5 states and most of the bottom left quarter of the country.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    Jim, I have to laugh when you say it helps to mention your location "like most others" and your location is "Out of here. wandering somewhere in the southwest"". LOL That can cover about 5 states and most of the bottom left quarter of the country.
    But a general location geographically is MUCH BETTER than a "blind no-location at all" post. At least people have a good idea of generally where I am......not just a blank space on the post like the OP and so many others.

What are they afraid of?.

Boolit Master
    I used to say black helicopters but now I say drones. I actually have them flying around my place, then again I live right on the ranges of the military base.

Vendor Sponsor
    I am in East Nevada . I have PURE dead soft lead, but have never shipped any. Would help if you were close.

Boolit Buddy
    Located in ohio.

Boolit Master
    Shipping is $15.50 for 60 pounds in a flat rate box. USPS -I just bought from 2 different lots.