Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Savage 10ML

Boolit Bub

Savage 10ML

I recently bought a Savage 10MLII. I read in the on line manual that the vent tube needs to be replaced after a number of rounds. Not knowing the history of the rifle I thought I'd replace it so I'd know it was good. I didn't get a breech plug wrench with it either. I found one on line but it's not he standard wrench. If anyone has source for the wrench and or the tube I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Bub
    I tried Savage first, they only stock the complete breech plug and no longer make the tube or wrench. They recommended Numeric, no luck there hence my question here. Thanks for the links I'll try there. Thanks again.

Boolit Bub
    I used to remove my plug with a swivel wrench and a i/4 inch socket.I cut the business end of the long breech plug off with a hack saw.This was the end with the 2 TEETH on it.
    The overall length of wrench is about .850.Next I ground four flats on the body of the plug at twelve three six and nine.I drilled and tapped four holes .125 in diameter.Then I got a 1/4 inch drive socket and stuck it in the cut end of the breechplug.I may have ground flats on it I can't remember.I do remember that I put some hi tech glue `on the outside of the socket.Next I put in the four set screws tightened them up and ground them flush with the body of the plug.The advantage of doing this was that you wouldn't lose your sight in zero.The rear bedding screw was what held the bolt in. ripshod

I went with the standard arrowhead precision breach plug that uses a socket wrench to remove. Bought a bunch of their liners as well.