Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you make friction primers?

Do they still make those pull fireworks you tied to doorknobs to scare people? One of those in a tube with BP might work well.

Must it be a friction based primer or do you just want to put some distance between you and the cannon?
    It would be quite simple to make an electrical primer based on a small tuft of steel wool and a battery.
    Cap'n Morgan

Mini christmas tree lights. Snip each bulb out with 2-3 inches of wire on each side. Strip half an inch of the plastic off the wire.

Snap the tip off the glass light bulb. Mostly a matter of finding something with the right size hole, then a quick sideways snap.

As for mixture, most anything works. My favorite was flash powder from cut open firecrackers, to which I added a bit of large grained black powder. The flash powder worked down around the wires really well. The holy black shot out the end still burning.
    Worked great for rocket ignition. A little piece of toliet paper stuffed in the end kept it all together.

I like electric ignition, easy to get enough distance, and either it goes, or it does not. No hang fires, or slower than planned for fuses.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

Amazon only has safety matches(strike on box), but strike anywhere matches seemingly are still made.

https://www.diamonddoesitbetter.com/...tchen-matches/
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12