RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: I had some left-over parts...

I had some left-over parts...

So I made a ''Frankinpistol''.

Cleaning up my shop and sorting things out, including a large supply of Gov't/Commander model parts. I found enough loose parts I wasn't going to use on a serious build, including a Stealth Arms 80% aluminum Commander frame and a Wilson Combat .22 conversion unit which I hadn't used in years. Short version, throw everything in a bowel, mix, and this is what I came up with. An ultra light .22 plinking pistol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r98BrHBl.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	292971

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4aL5Cmll.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	292972

Other than 10 round test for function I haven't really shot it yet, however I do expect a little better than average for the unit since I fitted it to the frame with very little slop. The unit shot minute of paper at 25yds, if I get minute of 7-8 ring accuracy from it, it'll be better than it was on any Gov't model frame I shot it on, (it's pretty much a Cyner unit with Wilson Combat stamped on it).

Next clean up project might be a SS G.I. fitted frame for my 1948 Colt Conversion Unit with a lot better quality parts, maybe a fitted Briley bushing. I won't be looking for match grade accuracy, but if I can get consistant 8 ring out of it, I'll be happy.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Ceiner Commander length conversion kit on an Auto Ordnance aluminum Commander frame. Looks a lot like yours except mine is all blue. I have used mine regularly for target practice and gun handling training. It has also killed a lot of varmints that invade the garden and can't stay out of the catch traps.

Bill

You mixed them in a bowel? Ugh. Doesn't bear thinking about.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    You mixed them in a bowel? Ugh. Doesn't bear thinking about.
    In a manner of speaking, I selected parts I wasn't going to use in a serious build and tossed em in a parts pan then pulled the ones I was sure I wouldn't use for the project. Given the conversion unit of plinker quality I used like parts.

Banned
    Nice looking build and that is one of the best 22 conversion kits you can buy they make very good suppressors too.

I've only had that unit on a G.I. frame before and it didn't shoot all that well. I have it fit to this Commander frame and hoping for better this time. It's always been reliable, but no better accuracy than a Colt conversion unit. Amazing how light it is!