Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: CVA Scout scope/comb height

Boolit Master

CVA Scout scope/comb height

Hello all!
    I'm considering the purchase of a CVA Scout rifle. I hear good things about them. I have a question of the comb height vs scope. I have a Henry single shot and with the scope mounted as low as possible I still have to add a comb riser to the stock. Is this the case with the CVA or are it's dimensions better for scope mounting?
    Rick

Boolit Master

I have a 3x9x40 scope on my CVA hunter. The rings that came with the scope worked fine.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    Rick -

Howdy !

As it turns out..... I am just recently trying to put T-36 XR on my CVA " Hunter " .35 Remington. It has a 1" tube.
    I will be using the rifle for some .35 Rem accuracy load work, hence the 36X.

For my physiology and the way my eye works + the diam of the objective, it looks like I'll need to go w/ at least a medium height ring. And if it ends up I have to go w/ a tall ring set, that will be ok; as a taler scope installed height helps towards a slight flattening of the bullet arc.

I myself find the " Hunter's " comb height to be particularly low ( IMHO )

YRMV.

With regards,
    357Mag

Rick, I have a scout in BO, changed the stock to a thumbhole style(Boyd's wood) but the stock one was OK, used the med burris rings with a vortex 4-12x. Standard stock worked fine for me - the med rings allow easier hammer access. They used to sell the thumbhole (plastic). Adds some weight and better balance. Warning - the scope rail is for weaver - not picatinny! Picatinny mounts with recoil lug won't work unless you grind them!
    Whatever!