RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: Vortex DiamondI think it is a 4x12 x 40mm Tactical Scope

Boolit Master

Vortex DiamondI think it is a 4x12 x 40mm Tactical Scope

Ok guys, what can you tell me from personal experience about this scope. I think it is a 4x12 x 40mm. I might be interested in one. Thanks, james

Boolit Grand Master
    nothing about that particular scope but, I can tell you Vortex is a quality product. I think they are after the Leupold market and are just as good or better. ...and this from a die hard Leupold fan.

Boolit Master

I have this scope in a 4-16x44 and I really like it. The glass is very bright, images are crisp right out to the edges. Adjustments are easy and positive. I'd been using Leupold scopes and I always thought they were dim compared to other scopes I'd seen. I bought a Vortex in the mid price range and I was hooked. To me they are a great value. A lot of scope for the money.

My Leupolds are gone. Replaced with Vortex scopes and for less money.
    Chuck

Boolit Master

I have the 6x24 x50 in my one 30.06. I love it. I got the MOA reticle.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    I've started buying more of the Burris Fullfield line. I think they offer better adjustment turrets and glass that's nicer to look through.

Mine is 4x12, works fine, glass is OK. Not the best but about the same as cheaper nikon. bushnell/vista is not honoring their lifetime warranty anymore.
    Whatever!

I don't have the scope in question, but I do have a couple Vortex products. I bought the Crossfire 2 for my 350L AR. Very happy with it, and I think it's a lot of scope for the money.
    https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-cros...iflescope.html

I also have the Venom reflex style red dot. It started life on my Garand, but I have since moved it over to my .44 Bisley.
    https://vortexoptics.com/red-dots/vo...m-red-dot.html
    Actually my second. The first one failed on my second outing with it. I called Vortex customer service and a polite and helpful human answered the phone on the second ring. The only questions he asked was how did it fail, and what is your address. A replacement was next day air shipped, and I had it in two days. Not too shabby, and I will buy from them again.
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Master

Well guys, I have a confession to make. You have heard the phrase "if you snooze, you loose" and that is just what I did. The advertisement was opened in the later morning in a local for sale site. I had never had or even seen a Vortex scope, but the picture looked like a new scope without a box. I decided to ask opinions before I leaped. The price was $100.00 and was local so no shipping. I decided to wait to get opinions and to take a nap while waiting( I am a few days short of 80 and the doctor wants me to take a noonday nap). The scope was gone when I woke up one hour later. That old adage came back to bite me. Thanks for your replies though. I was interested in putting the scope on a 1903A3 as I am getting to the stage that open sights are very hard for me to see well enough to shoot accurately and that 1903A3 is a shooter. I bought it in 2004 from a match shooter who had warmed it a little and the first three shots I fired with it cut a clover leaf group with all 3 shots overlapping each other. I may try to find a Vortex yet. Again, Thanks for you information. james

James, my LGS in Bessemer, Alabama (Simmons Sporting Goods) had a special about a week or so ago and sold 3x9x40 and 4x12x50 Vortex scopes for $100. They are called Copperheads, I believe and the man I deal with (Jeff) told me that they were the same as Crossfires. I love them as do others and I have owned a bunch of different scopes.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!