RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: What other companies make pistol caliber jackets?

Banned

What other companies make pistol caliber jackets?

So I searched and searched and realize that most companies only make jackets for rifle but barely any jackets for pistol? I know Corbin makes pistol jackets but any one else that makes copper jackets for pistol calibers?

Boolit Buddy
    Center-X has some .45's and from time to time other calibers. Problem is, he has to order THOUSANDS at a time which gets expensive if one can't move them quickly. I bought the last he had in a 9mmX.380 several years back and asked when he'd be getting more in. I was told never as they'd been sitting on shelf for years. R Corbin had to close his out for next to nothing some years back as demand just wasn't there...

Dave Corbin sells the dies to make jackets out sheet copper. Not cheap, but if you are young they may pay for themselves over your lifetime.

What caliber are you looking for? 32 auto can be used for 380 and 9mm, 9mm can be used for 40 and 10mm and 40 can be used for 44 and 45. This is without the purchase of extra equipment other than your normal swaging dies.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Yeah I usually get my jackets from Center-X

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Dave Corbin sells the dies to make jackets out sheet copper. Not cheap, but if you are young they may pay for themselves over your lifetime.

What caliber are you looking for? 32 auto can be used for 380 and 9mm, 9mm can be used for 40 and 10mm and 40 can be used for 44 and 45. This is without the purchase of extra equipment other than your normal swaging dies.
    I might look into that. But the thing is I started out with Richard Corbin’s dies and presses, and he don’t take custom orders anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Vaj View Post
    I might look into that. But the thing is I started out with Richard Corbin’s dies and presses, and he don’t take custom orders anymore.
    Call Dave and ask if his dies will fit Richard's press. I have called Dave several times in the past and he has answered the phone himself.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Call Dave and ask if his dies will fit Richard's press. I have called Dave several times in the past and he has answered the phone himself.
    Forgot to mention that I do have Richard’s die adapter for the S-Dies in his Walnut Hill Press, but I tried the S-die Trimmer set and it didn’t to work all that great.

Boolit Master

Banned
    I may have too look into that.

Boolit Buddy
    Years ago I bought thousands of 44 and 45 jackets from Star but they are long gone. Bought tons of lead wire from them too. Wish they were still in business.

Boolit Buddy

Dave Corbin is awesome. He answers the phone himself. I get a little star stuck still, feeling very aware of not wasting his time. He makes case-to-jacket converter dies. Pretty cool stuff. Also check out BT here on the forum

Boolit Buddy
    Dave is a great guy. I stopped in their shop in Oregon a number of years ago and he gave me the grand tour. Awesome person and amazing memory.