Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision

Thread: David White info

David White info

I am looking for info for David White, he does a lot of barrel stubbing and work with the 357 Maximum. I found this site but it doesn't look like the right one.

https://www.dandtcustomgunworks.com/

Thanks for any info.

Steve.........
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    North American Hunting Club Life Member

Boolit Buddy

I haven't see anything from him in a year or so. He pulled all his posts off of the others sites I would see him on. I was going to have him rechamber a 17 caliber barrel. In a email with him he told me he was working on a 17 or 20 cartridge based on the 360 DW case. Would be similar to a rimmed 17 fire ball or 20 Vartarg. Told him I was very interested in either let me know when he would be taking orders and that was the last I heard from him. Sadly the 3 year old grand daughter erased the emails when playing on my phone.

Boolit Buddy

That was his old website before his wife passed away.

I was wondering about that, the site I would go to had a lot of info for the Maxi, it even had lots of pic's of H&R rifles with his stubbed barrels and targets too. I miss it.

Steve...........
    GOA Life Member

I believe it was David that passed away. I have heard several times he is deceased.

Jedman

Boolit Buddy
    That’s the correct web address, but something has changed , there is contact info there , click on contact us, and about us for a phone # and email address.

He re- chambered a Henry single shot 357mag to 357 max for me ,but that’s been 2 yrs ago.

Not sure but I think he posts on here from time to time search for (Assassin)

crappie-hunter
    I was going to see if he could stub a Henry barrel for me.
    I sent an e-mail via that web site asking about the Maxi data and pic's and all the Maxi data and someone sent a return e-mail saying "I'm not sure what you are asking". When I sent a reply clarifying my question they haven't responded in a few days.
    All I get from the ph# is "You have reached a subscriber that has not setup a voicemail".

Steve..........
    Last edited by Steve E; 12-09-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    GOA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve E View Post
    crappie-hunter
    I was going to see if he could stub a Henry barrel for me.
    I sent an e-mail via that web site asking about the Maxi data and pic's and all the Maxi data and someone sent a return e-mail saying "I'm not sure what you are asking". When I sent a reply clarifying my question they haven't responded in a few days.
    All I get from the ph# is "You have reached a subscriber that has not setup a voicemail".

Steve..........
    Not sure what’s up with David, I tried the link that indicated go to forum, and that link does not work, the forum was where the info was on pricing, and instructions for mailing,etc.

If you can’t make contact with David, try Mike Bellm TC, he has in the past done some stub work, he will also re-chamber Henry’s , Mike also re-chambered a contender 357mag to 357max for me, not cheap but excellent work, would recommend to anyone.

Boolit Master
    About a year ago David White posted on his web page that he was going to be shutting down. Not enough business to keep going, or something to that effect. Looks like he did just what he said he was going to do. I used to visit his site occasionally and he did seem to know his stuff. He’s the one who told me that my 158g .357max loads could only go to about. 2400fps without coming apart. He suggested using the XTP FP which would go another 100fps. He was totally correct.

The domain probably expired. This is what happens when it goes back into the provider's default pool of vacant domains: they resell them or fill them with random advertisements, to earn some click $$. The site is clearly gone, so do not bother emailing them - they are not the person you are looking for.

Thanks guys for the explanations.

Steve........
    GOA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

Davids brother just posted over on Saubiers small caliber that David past away earlier this year.