Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever gotten a professional massage before?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Drink plenty of fluids to help flush out the bad stuff out of your body. You will probably be even more sore the next day
    When I was in my twenties, I had to have an upper GI Series( you know when you have to drink the barium stuff) for ulcer. Well that’s what the doctor told me right after the test were done. go drink plenty of liquids! Funny there just happened to be a tavern right across the street from the clinic. About four hours later I had all the liquids I could possibly consume!
    Oh and yes I’ve had quite a few massages for various different orthopedic problems.
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Boolit Grand Master

My wife isn't going to fall for the ... Massage for theraputic reasons only ...
    She didn't just fall off the Turnip Truck and she knows what happens when a woman touches me ...
    It usually leads to other things !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    I had not, until today.

I'm not counting the one in Olongapo City in the Philippines
    Oh come on! Those girls ARE professionals. They dont do it for free.

I got pretty broken once, when I had healed enough to be mobile- it was physical therapy time. PT- Personal Torture- but my insurance mandated that you went to PT AND a massage afterwards. The PT was grueling, and the massage REALLY helped after the workout. My masseuse asked me if I had pain not related to my knee. I told her that sometimes it felt like an un-insulated electrical cable under my shoulder blade, and when it shorted out it would bring tears to my eyes. She said she knew what that was, that she could fix it, but... it was gonna HURT A LOT when she did it. Told me to take a precautionary leak prior to the event (and I'm glad I did)- Most intense pain I've ever felt when she "adjusted" me. BUT- no problem at all ever since.

Oolongapo... the massages there were like eating peanuts, couldn't stop at just one....
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Boolit Master
    seems to me the benefits of a professional massage would depend a lot on the profession of the professional-- just sayin'
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Bub
    Yes I have.

Quality/technique of massage therapists varies... A lot!

If you can find a +/- 6 foot tall gal, that grew up working on a farm/country life, you probably have a good one.

Drink the extra water & look up: Myofascial (my-o-FASH-e-ul) Release

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...e/FAQ-20058136

Boolit Master
    I get a deep tissue massage once a week. I have Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA) in my spine. They cause muscle spasm up and down my back into my legs. The physical therapist that does my massage has been doing it for me about 3 years. Sometimes it hurts bad other times it just hurts. It fells so much better after she is done and I am still walking not riding a wheelchair like the doctor told me I would be doing.

Boolit Master

My spouse convinced me to get one with her - a couple's massage. I've been skeptical but have been twice. The first one, a month ago and done by a gal, I was sore all over afterward. As the soreness went away, some 48-hours later, it logically made me "feel better". Still, I was not convinced.

The 2nd one, this month, meh, not so much. Same gal, different massage (I think), though I asked for the same as the last. It seemed much less intense (perhaps I wasn't as uptight) and more like her leaning on muscle groups (forearm on backs of legs) rather than strong hands, breaking capillaries (to be certain), then squeezing the muscle (blood out). I did not feel at all sore or as if I had gotten much out of the 2nd one.

I may have one more though. I want to feel like my muscles have been "worked". If the gal can't do it, perhaps the massage guy can. I'll let you know - next month.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

My other half IS a massage therapist. I would suggest weekly for a month, then go to twice a month until you think you are ready for monthly. Most of her clients are twice monthly.
    It is real and it works.
    I think i would go away and find a different therapist, only because of the religion sermon, but that's just me.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Usually the Shot Show has massage tables set up on the main floor near the middle, next to an exterior wall. 3-4 days of walking around on that big concrete floor is hard on your back, feet and legs. I have stopped in several times over the years during the show for a bit of relief. I found that when the pain starts it only gets worse when the muscles start to tighten up, if you try to ignore it.

I also went through physical therapy after a shoulder rebuild and back operations. The shoulder rebuild was not a pleasure massage.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Nope…..never had enough money! Though, I understand that a good masseuse rivals a good chiropractor (which I have used)! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've had several over the years. Last time, I had the massage, followed by chiropractor adjustment. Then went to the hot spring for an hour. I was like a limp noodle for the rest of the day, and felt great.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    I've had limited access to therapeutic massage, and I will echo the fact that it depends on the therapist.....some act like they're afraid of hurting you, and others may actually be sadists......but a good massage is an amazing thing!!!! I'm very much about manual labor and get knots on knots, so a wimpy massage won't cut it. Wife of a friend is a licensed therapist, and I hope to schedule with her soon. Hubby says she's brutal, but he acknowledges that he's a wimp!
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Once by a Chiropractor. Then he tried to crack my neck. Never going back. A roller or vibrator from wife only anymore. Hair cut lady uses one on the shoulders that feels good for an hour.
    Whatever!

Moderator Emeritus

Had several chair massages. You sit backwards on a chair while they work the neck, shoulders and upper back. I had frequent chiropractic visits when I worked, at least 8-10 a year. My pipe wrenches weighed 60 lbs so you can imagine what I through around every day. In the 5 years since I retired, I may have gone 5 times.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    oh yeah. I had Rolfing therapy, where the muscle is separated from the fascia tissue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12