MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCBS Automatic Priming Tool handle...

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    I assume (?) you are referring to the bench mounted unit... I have/use three of them -- one each dedicated for a particular (e.g., LP, SP, Military) primer. Super guide/gunsmith/educator Darrel Holland has upgraded/modified the basic RCBS unit in soooo many ways -- not the least of which is a much more comfortable handle which might alleviate your "complaint" with the stock RCBS unit. Further, he has a spring to return handle up; and, a gizmo to maximize your primer seating -- for uniformity -- as well. He purveys a gauge to measure primer seated depth to complement the tool. (I asked, and my dad made one of his design for me using a dial indicator, so I needed not this accessory). Here's a photo of Mr. Holland's awesome (imho) innovation:Attachment 292830 What one might do, too, is just buy parts (e.g., the handle-raising spring) separately if you ring his place of business and inquire.
    geo
    https://secure.wf-api.com/site11615-...lete-unit.html

You can buy it here .

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I put a piece of sq tubing over the handle and topped it off with a wooden ball from Hobby Lobby

makes it much easier to 'feel' the primer being set

like others mounted it on a board and C-clamp it to the table when needed.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Mold
    Finished job - I smoothed some burrs on the main body around the handle pivot and it's running smoothly. I primed 500 cases (Same amount as I primed originally) all went well... no blisters !
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]295974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3755.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	295973

P.S. First time at posting an image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3756.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    I don`t see any of the issues you guys are having as a problem.
    Like roysha, I have tried ever priming device out there and like this one best.
    I don`t see pushing on the handle hard enough to cause blisters with extended use.
    I don`t have a clue as to how many tens of thousands of primers I have seated without a problem.
    Mounting it in the edge of the bench solves the handle problem.
    Same for me. I have had at least one since the mid 70's. I know I have primed of 50K with mine. Until I got my Dillons these were my favorite priming tool and I have tried a bunch. Never thought of mounting it other than on the edge of the bench. Other than my scales and my Giraud Powered Case Trimmer everything I have hangs over the edge.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer