RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Spice Islands Rosemary and Garlic Grinder

Vendor Sponsor

Spice Islands Rosemary and Garlic Grinder

This is one of my favorite spices, it is my go to for mashed potatoes, boiled potatoes, chicken, it works in everything, BUT.... Supply chain woes have depleted store stock EVERYWHERE. Sometimes I have to make a slow return trip from GF's house hitting the grocery stores along the way for various items that can be hard to find, and this was one of the items that on a good day you only see it in some stores but now, it is gone vanished vamoose!

A seller on amazon is the only source and shipping is high.

Attachment 292789

And if you like the Chef Paul Prudhomme Blackened Redfish Magic, best lay up a couple extra jars WHEN you see them.

This supply chain business will continue to worsen I think. Kinda says who gets what made in China too right?
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    My wife is a big Rosemary fan and likes garlic too. I need some garlic salt for a meatball recipe so I will check in my AO in a few. We like to blacken sea bass when we are camping and have it with asparagus and white wine.

Well, none of those items to be found. Also, Lorna Doone cookies have been awol.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 12-07-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Lot of shortages of everything... I normally buy frozen pie crust in the pan for thanksgiving to make pumpkin pie but it was unobtanium this year, no store had it in stock All of September and October! Spices have been hit and miss but I buy from The Spice House in bulk so was okay on everything for Thanksgiving and for Christmas coming up(roast brisket with potatoes and carrots, gravy, a salad of some sort...) Whole spices kept in the freezer are easily good for a year, some for up to 3 years for whole seeds.

Boolit Master
    Was at a higher end grocery today and they did not have any redfish magic either. Here is a link to making your own blackening spice;
    https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/r...ing-seasoning/

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Looks like not only casters and reloaders are feeling the supply crunch. I like both those spices, but get them individually. My wife grows rosemary in a large flower pot on our deck.

Garlic we buy, but make sure it’s not Chinese grown in human feces and toxic soils. If you don’t know about Chinese garlic and how to tell it apart Google it. You will probably be shocked. Unfortunately, I think I read once that most processed garlic comes from China. Doesn’t everything? But I sure don’t want to eat anything that comes from China!

Moderator Emeritus

Chinese garlic has the roots removed...

I get a string of garlic from Texas once a year... hang it in the kitchen and use it for 6-7 months

Boolit Buddy
    I built a nice wood and brass spice rack a few years ago specifically for Spice Island spices. I like their jar design. Unfortunately our local grocery store has stopped carrying them for the most part. Now I either have to reuse older jars or deal with mismatched jars.

Boolit Master

Some years ago, I got a stainless mortar and pestle, from Amazon, I think. I put my favorite spices in it and grind them up in a few minutes. Works well when I want a rub or fine-ground spices in a recipe. It'll hold a cup, but we don't cook anything that would require that volume.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.