Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2

Thread: British Rook Rifle Brass

Boolit Mold

British Rook Rifle Brass

Good evening,

Im looking at a couple of Rook rifles to add to the gun cabinet. The calibers are .300 Rook and .360 No 5 Rook. Finding brass for these guns is proving a little challenging. Does anyone know where in the UK I can source some?

I know Bertram in Australia probably does some, but they wont send to the UK.

Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 03-09-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius1963 View Post
    Good evening,

Im looking at a couple of Rook rifles to add to the gun cabinet. The calibers are .300 Rook and .360 No 5 Rook. Finding brass for these guns is proving a little challenging. Does anyone have brass to sell, or know where in the UK I can source some?

I know Bertram in Australia probably does some, but they wont send to the UK.

Fingers crossed

Thanks
    Robertson Brass will make them ($$$$), and I think that Buffalo Arms carried them at one time.
    My 4th edition Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions show this (see photos below). The 360 doesn't look too awful to make.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Sirius-

I've owned both of these calibers in the past. I used .38 Long Colt brass in the .360 Rook and Bertram in the .300. I don't know if .32 Long Colt is available in the UK, but this worked OK and not great. I know the .360 uses a heeled bullet but I can't remember is that's the case with the .300 Rook. Good luck!
    My "Swappin & Sellin" feedback thread: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=btreanor

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SMLElikeyoumeanit View Post
    Send me a message if you're looking to convert 32 S&W Long (Long Colt Police) to rook. I'm in the UK and have some 32 brass I'd sell. Thanks
    Question betwixt you British folks - is it as difficult to ship and order between UK nations as it is from say the US to a commonwealth country?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    Question betwixt you British folks - is it as difficult to ship and order between UK nations as it is from say the US to a commonwealth country?

Easy enough for non-prohibited goods e.g. brass, projectiles. But not for powders or primers as they require special postage, essentially an FFL to FFL transfer if I was to use US terminology, but the cost is high (like your hazmat shipping) so makes it untenable!

I make my 360 No.5 from 38 Special brass and use a .358" boolit paper patched up to .366"
    I know it isn't correct but it sure shoots well!

The 300 Rook is it's own case so nothing to do but purchase the correct brass for that one.