Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wadcutters

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of those molds, the 358627. Haven’t cash with it yet, but it looks to be very long.

I have been looking at a mold from accurate molds that’s basically a Wadcutter and it’s 200gr. I want to load it for my 357 and try putting it on a deer next year. Difference is I’ll be shooting it from my Rossi 92, not a pistol

I shot the 148 gr WC in my Rossi and shoots great . Just that you need to put one in the chamber and then one in the tube . You will have a had time for it feed, if it is a long nose one like was posted might not have much of a problem , just guessing. Someone would need to test it . I do not have any long WC to test for feed .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    I used a 220 grain SWC in my model 10 4 inch when I shot IDPA. I don't remember the load but I do remember them going around 550 feet per second. The reason I did this is because it gave me very little recoil while still making power factor. To the best of my memory I used a fairly slow powder to also cut recoil. It worked well for me and it hit close to center at the close ranges I was shooting.

https://www.hensleygibbs.com/edharri...14SEPT2015.htm
    700-750 FPS is very accurate and deadly. Drop down and read what the Britts used instead of the .455 Webly.

Banned
    Regular 148 HBWC are fun, but ive been lookin for a fun to use thumper.

Banned
    Im just wishing there were better loading data for speer HBWC. Really need one for 4227

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by BunkTheory View Post
    Im just wishing there were better loading data for speer HBWC. Really need one for 4227
    Speer HBWC will blow skirt and may bulge barrel in heavy loads. Read warnings in Speer manuals.

Use only solid base wadcutter in loads above 16,000 psi. Data in Speer No.10 and later is OK with DEWC.

4227 will not give acceptible ballistic uniformity below plus-P levels. Stick to published and tested data.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BunkTheory View Post
    just honestly, what kind of penetration does one expect with a 38 special loaded with 2-230 grain wadcutters.
    Not enough room for powder and 2- 230 grin wadcutters in a 38 special case ...
    Not gonna work .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned
    Well i have been using the alliant pdf that i found via link on your guys website, those loads were verified as still being safe to use. Some of them loads are kind of warmish,,, but i have a feeling it due to the skirts being tough.

Have played enough that the speer bullets are harder then the factory loaded lrn ive used from winchester that i can cut with my finger nail. The speer, cant make a mark at all with my finger.