Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Losing things...

Boolit Master

Losing things...

Starting to misplace things, and as I am single and live alone, I have no one to blame.

But, unlike my dad, who when he misplaces something accuses me of stealing it, I am accepting that my brain simply malfunctioned.

Frustrating and getting expensive. I shot 100 rounds of 10 mm the other day and painstakingly picked up every single piece at the range since it was all virgin brass. I can't find it. I know I put it in a container in my reloading room, but it is gone.

Then, I tried to find a brand new Glock OEM barrel that is extended and threaded for my G23. $160. Used it a couple of times and took it out. Now I can't find it. Even tried organizing and cleaning my gun room so I don't lose stuff and it didn't help.

Anyone else getting frustrated by losing stuff?
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Story of my life these days...

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

I blame the shop yetis. Stinking jerks are always hiding stuff on me.

Boolit Master
    I believe we're shuffling sidewise into other universes, very similar to ours, but not exactly the same. It's particularly bad when my wife and I are comparing things that have happened, both recently and in the distant past. Not that my faulting memory is of any help there.

Bill

Boolit Master

Found the items after another hour of searching. Barrel was stashed in a plastic baggie with a bunch of other Glock parts and shoved in the bottom of a shooting box.

10mm cases were right in front of me in the red Caseguard 50-round boxes. I swore I had put them in a red 100-round box and then emptied it into a red plastic Folger's coffee can. Nope.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    I feel your pain! Single guy too and i have a lot of stuff. Having moved in 2016, lot of stuff went in totes * boxes and much of that I kept stored because it didn't get used. It's the pits try to find this stuff sometimes when I know for a fact I have it somewhere. I have a good quality label maker that I really like. Thats been the most helpful thing for my memory.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

The secret for finding such 'lost / misplaced' items, is to look for something else, or, buy another one, then, either way, it turns up!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeboten View Post
    The secret for finding such 'lost / misplaced' items, is to look for something else, or, buy another one, then, either way, it turns up!
    So true! Bought a Lee Ramline priming tool and then found the one I couldn't find.

I was looking for the keys to my truck one day. I was starting to go ballistic thinking I had lost them. I looked for about five minutes and then I realized they were dangling from my mouth. I had put them there while I opened the door.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Bub
    It only gets worse.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Thé worst is when you can’t find something you had in your hand three minutes before and haven’t moved five feet.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Thé worst is when you can’t find something you had in your hand three minutes before and haven’t moved five feet.

Been there. Done that!

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I've been doing that since I was a teenager. JUST used that screwdriver, my feet haven't moved ... where could it possibly have gone ?!?!?!

It happens to me all the time. I've done similar with the keys, had them in my hand more than once. That saying: "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most" rings true anymore.

Boolit Buddy
    Same here! I'm in my early 60's. Its been getting worse over the past year or two. Not only misplacing items but forgetting stuff. I mean, in 30 seconds I'll completely forget what I was thinking or going to do. I have to stand there for a moment and try to remember or retrace my steps. Forgetting something from one room to another is the worse!

Isaac

Moderator Emeritus

Know how many duplicate and triplicate tools and such I have because I couldn't remember where I put em? I am finally getting organized. Figure by the time I am done, my funeral will probably be the week after

Boolit Master

yes it is very maddening - I wind up buying stuff twice over, cant find documents I must have, then I need a sandwich and glass of milk, then I .. wait, what are we talking about?

Boolit Master

Last month I lost my wedding ring after 47 years. To the best of my recollection it must have happened while I was splitting wood for my daughter and her husband. A metal detector was used to search, the wood pile has been marked to distinguish the area where I was working and I will look again. In the meantime, I ordered a very simple, inexpensive replacement. Unfortunately, that did not assist in locating the original.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Get used to misplacing items, That nasty habit will not improve itself down the road.

Boolit Grand Master

My big one is 6" metal scales I can set one down and its gone for days if I dont put it right back in the apron pocket.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast