RepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Losing things...

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    I blame the shop yetis. Stinking jerks are always hiding stuff on me.
    They are close relatives of arrow gnomes. Arrow gnomes have existed for thousands of years and are greedy covetous little suckers. They stash their hoard underground. Occasionally a stone point will be found where they swiped arrows from the Indians.

Research is ongoing to determine if they have branched out into socks and brass or if new species have evolved.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    Know what you mean. Locked the bedside gunsafe with my favorite 1911 in it while we were on vacation. Granddaughter stayed here while we were gone. Took 3 weeks to find the key after we got home.

Several years ago I bought 1500 147 gr FMJ 308 bullets on sale. Went to put them under the bench and they wouldn't slide in. Looked and there was already an unopened box of 1500 there!!

Don
    Last edited by Nazgul; 12-05-2021 at 09:49 PM.

If anyone comes across a Glock 19 Gen 4 with night sights hiding somewhere, I have a Crossbreed holster and ten-plus magazines waiting to be reunited with it….
    Tony

Boolit Master

I can relate to all your stories. Been there, done that. Frustrating!

Never, NEVER reorganize your gun room. Everything will be lost from that point on...ask me how I know.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    A few weeks ago I lost a hat that I just bought tore the house apart looking for it no luck,off to the store to replace it.
    1 week later found the hat in a bag with some sweat pants I bought at the end of Sept. My problem is trying to do to many things at once. MaybevI should take pictures of things I lay down with my cell phone.

In a phone conversation with my brother, he mentioned 1,000 rounds of 55gr. 5.56 NATO ammunition he had picked up for me at some point and I paid him for them...Huh? He described the box and insisted I both paid him and got the ammo. I don't remember the transaction nor ever having the ammo. I searched for days, a case of 1,000rds. of ammo should be an easy thing to find! Nope, to this day I don't remember ever buying it, having it, or seeing it, but in late summer I was moving some things around in the shop and came across a medium storage tub filled with 5.56 NATO ammo I didn't realize I had. Okay, the story must be true...I still have no recollection of any of it! (I'm happy to have it though!)

Several years ago my brother called, obviously upset asking me what he did with his .45 Winchester Magnum Wildey pistol. ''How should I know?'' He ask if I had it. I told him I did not, but I did remember him shooting it on our last range outing and that he had it in it's wooden box and cardboard sleeve and that I didn't even touch it. ''I can't find it!'' he said and wondered how to report a missing firearm. Two weeks go by and seems he found it, carefully packed away in it's double box wrapped in a paper grocery bag in his closet. He's always very particular, (to the point of peculiar) on putting his guns away, locked in a safe. How and why the Wildey ended up in his closet in a paper bag is still something he wonders about.

I identify with, ''I haven't moved, I just set it down...NOW WHERE IS IT?'' almost daily.

Super Moderator

I completely "re-organized" my reloading gear early last year, it had gotten pretty cluttered. I should have just left it alone, because now I have to make a bunch more clutter just to find anything I need. I can't seem to remember where I put my stuff, even though I've marked most of the boxes.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    Thé worst is when you can’t find something you had in your hand three minutes before and haven’t moved five feet.
    Man! you nailed it! Almost sounds like you were watching me on a project yesterday. My cousin calls it the C.F.S. syndrome... Cain't find S.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    as I get Older , I get Forgetful. when I can't remember where it is . I just say to myself " It just where you left It"
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

I loose things all the time too. The worst one. I lost my keys to my gun cabinets. I drilled out the locks and put new locks in. After i did all that. A few weeks later. My wife finds them behind my archery target.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master
    See it was right where you left It. Sooner or later you would have found them
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    Spring Is coming , Now I'm starting to forget where the Mower is.
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    I have a good quality label maker that I really like.
    I have one too, if I could only locate it!
    This thread is proof someone or something has been bombarding us with gamma radiation. If I could only find my tin-foil hat.

One of the things that is getting me lately is 'looking right at something I'm looking for' and not even seeing it. "How does that happen?"

Something that got me every time was putting something in a 'safe place', I had to order another one before I found the one that was lost!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    Last month I lost my wedding ring after 47 years. To the best of my recollection it must have happened while I was splitting wood for my daughter and her husband. A metal detector was used to search, the wood pile has been marked to distinguish the area where I was working and I will look again. In the meantime, I ordered a very simple, inexpensive replacement. Unfortunately, that did not assist in locating the original.
    Just a thought---if you were wearing gloves, did you check in the fingers? Along the same line, if you had gloves, check where you took them off. Worked for me years ago. Good luck in finding your ring.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    One of the things that is getting me lately is 'looking right at something I'm looking for' and not even seeing it. "How does that happen?"

Something that got me every time was putting something in a 'safe place', I had to order another one before I found the one that was lost!
    SWMBO laughs at me, but I have a box in the shop marked "Someplace Safe." So far, everything I've put in there has stayed there. Anything that I put in any other "someplace safe" the stuff is not seen again for decades, if ever.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    SWMBO laughs at me, but I have a box in the shop marked "Someplace Safe." So far, everything I've put in there has stayed there. Anything that I put in any other "someplace safe" the stuff is not seen again for decades, if ever.

Bill
    PURE GENIUS! Don't know why I never thought of this? Consider your method...COPIED!

thanks...charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    PURE GENIUS! Don't know why I never thought of this? Consider your method...COPIED!

thanks...charlie
    Not possible. I stole it from a gentleman on the old Yahoo Metalworking groups. Something like a decade ago! I know a good idea when I steal one!

Bill

Boolit Master
    1) My wife is much better organized than I am.
    2) She uses a notebook to write down appointments, dates, etc.
    3) She also makes sure everything has it's place, and it is in it's place.
    4) She puts labels on boxes stating their contents.
    5) She has a keen eye, she notices things that aren't "in their place".
    6) She never just sets something aside thinking, "I'm in a hurry, I'll put it where it belongs later"
    7) Drives. me. nuts.
    8) Me? I like to think I never forget things and never lose things, I remember where I put things.
    9) But, if I can't find something I usually just ask her.
    Go back to the first sentence and start over, paying special attention to sentence six.

PS: Trying to be more like her, I just inventoried all my boolit moulds. I wonder if my methods are the reason I've got duplicates of three different moulds, one of each still unopened in the box. Good thing I took this inventory, I was going to order a mould for my 45 colt rifle....I already have the one I was going to order, new in the box. I have no idea when or why I ordered it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast