Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Losing things...

Boolit Master
    I was working at a motorcycle shop as a mechanic adjusting a carb with a special screwdriver. I blip the throttle a couple of times and go to tweak the idle air screw a bit and can't find my screwdriver. I search the bench the bike is on and then my toolbox but it's gone.I search the bike to see if I had laid it somewhere on the bike but no luck. Next I go to the sales counter to see if someone had borrowed it while I wasn't looking. I asked if anyone had seen my screwdriver and the secretary asked if it was the one in my hand. Sure enough I had been searching for about ten minutes for what I had been holding in my left hand. I would like to say it was from old age but I was about 20 at the time. Now if I don't put tools back where they belong, they are lost until I stumble on them.

Boolit Master

It seems that I can remember where I originally put something but if I use it and move it then it is much harder to remember where I moved it.
    I also am losing the ability to remember how to reassemble something I just took apart.
    It is one thing to forget to take something out of the microwave and another to remember what the microwave is used for.

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I would like to say it was from old age but I was about 20 at the time. Now if I don't put tools back where they belong, they are lost until I stumble on them.
    Was this back in the 60's?
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    Have you ever lost your cell phone while talking on it? Ask me how I know that feeling.

I seem to hide more stuff from myself than is humanly possible.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    10mm cases were right in front of me in the red Caseguard 50-round boxes. I swore I had put them in a red 100-round box and then emptied it into a red plastic Folger's coffee can. Nope.
    This is me.

It's obvious that our eyes are ignoring things that don't look right. I "lost" some brass that was right there in front of me for days, in a black box. My eyes/brain were looking for a green box.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, it was in the 60s, but I was never into the hippie stuff. Motorcycle racing, sky diving and reloading/shooting were my interests and mind bending stuff didn't mix well with any of those.

Boolit Grand Master

I guess we all misplace things occasionally. I have tried to form better habits, or establish a routine to help with this problem. I empty my pockets at the same place everytime to keep from loosing my keys. I put my hand tools that I use in the loading room in the same place overtime. Ect, ect!!! It helps.

Boolit Master

For me it’s not a memory problem, it’s not paying attention to what I do with things. I first noticed this at 18 when I started working on a street rod. Almost 50 years later it’s neither worse nor better but I have learned to PAY ATTENTION to where I set things down if not in their “home” place.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    I don't recall ever having memory problems.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    I don't recall ever having memory problems.
    Should this be in purple?
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    Should this be in purple?
    Not if you are saying it with a straight face.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I was doing some work @ the house recently and Misplaced my Hammer. By the time i found the Hammer I lost , I found 5 others I misplaces a while ago.
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

Just found my favorite safety glasses. They were at the bottom of the pile of tools I had been using to hang Christmas lights over the weekend.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master
    If anyone should find my mind please PM me.

I thought buying multiples of things would help, nope. Somewhere I have about half a dozen of those telescoping rods with a magnet on the end. I dropped a socket down in the engine compartment of the truck yesterday, saw where it was and needed one of those magnets to retrieve it, I know there's at least 3 of them in the shop...somewhere. Tried the one that normally is stuck to the gun safe, not there either! Go to the tool cart, nope! Finally the wife produced one with a broken shaft just long enough to get the socket. I don't lay these things down somewhere, they're always stuck to something metal where they're obvious. I guess I'll have to tie bright orange ribbons to them!
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master
    I try To Wear everything I think I.m going to Misplace .
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

I've learned that buying multiples of things doesn't mean you'll find one when you need it.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master

I personally do not lose things.
    I am sure that it is either gremlins or the neighbor kids.

Boolit Master
    Years ago I was changed to online time sheets, really bad software, so the boss hired a student worker to follow me around and keep the little boxes all filled in. In exchange I taught my millenial how to walk twenty miles of stairs (tracked by their iphones) every day. These kids are out of shape.

Boolit Master
    Faulty memory leads to losing things. I took a skinner peep off a rifle and could swear I put it in a ziplock bag in the rifle box. Nope, not there. That leaves me to search through a huge amount of stuff that is poorly organized. I may accidentally find it one day but for now it may as well be on the moon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234