Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 223/5.56???

Have you ever run the numbers on venison?
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I was into Trap so understand. I am so cheap I would reload to save $1/box on shells. But I could turn out 20 boxes an hour so it made sense...and I shot 600-800 boxes a year. Bought shot by the ton..etc etc.

My best (worst ??) day was one winter day when I loaded 4000 shells. That was NOT fun. I was running a PW800+ with a hull feeder and Auto Drive. It was shortly after that I ditched the hull feeder. The hull feeder was great when it worked but a PITA when it hiccupped. I also had a Spolar but the PW was my main trap load press.

For anyone who doubts that reloading is work for some of us, here is a picture of my shotshell supply when I was competing. About 75% are reloads and you can see some 5 gal pails on the floor. About 28k shells and about 21k of them reloads. BTW I started using 5 gal pails to store shells and save time boxing....ever boxed 4000 shells??? I have a counter on the PW and Spolar and would put 525 shells in a pail. When the hulls were fired, 525 would fit back into the pail. For you guys who shoot a lot of shotgun, pails work great. Waterproof shortage if you store where things might get wet, and they can be stacked four high in a square foot of space without having to build heavy duty shelves like in the photo.

So that should explain my love/hate relationship wrt to reloading. Love saving money...hate the work.

Attachment 292947
    had to laugh. Most of my ammo is in ammo cans and coffee cans. Id bet the people like you and me that prefer shooting to loading and casting probably do more of it then the ones that love to do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12