Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Converting Magma Engineering molds to conventional "gang style"

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"

Converting Magma Engineering molds to conventional "gang style"

ME wanted a stupid amount of $$ to convert several of their molds I had to conventional format after I sold my Master Caster. I don't remember the amount ($70??), but it was out of line.

I discovered that LEE handles work perfectly. You'll need to find your own socket head cap screw thru bolts (#8?) to hold the handles, and some lock nuts to keep all together.

Then I found a sprue plate kit from Accurate Molds for $28 per mold set. Thoughtfully designed, well made and worth every penny.

So I converted my three ME molds for the price of the handles and the sprue kit each. Probably in the $48 price range per mold if you want to keep the handles mounted on the mold blocks. Works great.

Accurate Molds LLC
    PO BOX 315
    Salt Lake City, UT 84110
    tom@accuratemolds.com

https://accuratemolds.com/

Boolit Master
    Good for you!

Magma stopped taking orders earlier this year making your solution even more valuable. They were fully booked up for a year.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy
    Resurrection of thread...... I tried to order a new Mark 8 Bullet Master earlier this month and was told that they did not take new orders! I also tried to order a new collator from them and no reply..... Before they've always answered mail the same day, now I'm lucky if I get an answer at all after 1 month or two. If I need spare parts for my old BM I need to call them.

Is there reason to be conserned? Running a casting company I'm in need of getting spare parts for my machine, bacause things do break. Magma engineering is the only source for this. Today there's no good alternative to Magma. I do not like the Ballisticast machines and my experience is that customer support are even more difficult......

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter74 View Post
    Resurrection of thread...... I tried to order a new Mark 8 Bullet Master earlier this month and was told that they did not take new orders! I also tried to order a new collator from them and no reply..... Before they've always answered mail the same day, now I'm lucky if I get an answer at all after 1 month or two. If I need spare parts for my old BM I need to call them.

Is there reason to be conserned? Running a casting company I'm in need of getting spare parts for my machine, bacause things do break. Magma engineering is the only source for this. Today there's no good alternative to Magma. I do not like the Ballisticast machines and my experience is that customer support are even more difficult......

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk
    I live a couple of towns over and just drop in when I need something from ME. I can tell you for sure that they are suffering extraordinary supply issues. Nonetheless it is every vendor's responsibility to keep their customer's machines up and running.

Start calling on the phone, leave messages, and don't give up.
    Kalifornia passes "feel good" legislation hand over fist, legislation that is looking for a problem to solve and affecting only law abiding persons.

So, after 40 years of that nonsense, that's why I now live in Arizona.

Boolit Buddy
    Allright. I talked to Magma today and he could not say when they were open for orders on new machines. As he said he was at mercy of other people. The supply chain had big issues and they also had problems to get the people they needed to work.

Luckily I have another job beside my casting business. I would not sleep good at night if I had one Magma machine to make a living, when the situation being what it is. Hopefully it would get better soon.! I'm glad he had the spare parts I needed for my old Bullet Master. I hope a thorrow cleaning and a new valve gasket will heal it from the drips
    Last edited by hunter74; 03-24-2023 at 11:42 AM.

Still? I had been wanting a master caster since before Covid. I tried calling to order a few times over the past couple of years and finally gave up. Sad to hear the problems still persist.