Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: .45 Schofield to .45 Cowboy Special.

.45 Schofield to .45 Cowboy Special.

Been looking for some .45 Cowboy Special brass so I could simplify things and run the same loads in a modified Webley and Colt NS for cas shoots. Need 60 for a match so a hundred pcs would be enough. Of course everyone is ‘none in stock’. I bummed 25 from a bud in the club to see if they would work in my guns. This week I surprisingly came up on two GB auctions, 320 pcs in one and 210 in the other, same seller. The greedy guy who won the 320 pc auction then jumped onto the 210 pc auction. He paid about 120.00 for each auction. Would have been nice if the seller had split his 530 pcs up a little more. Anyway I got to poking around and found a Lee deluxe quick trim gizmo and 45acp die for 40.00 shipped so I’m going to trim down some of my .45 Schofield brass to C45S brass. Anyone here used the lee deluxe? I’ve used the old style trimmers with the pilots but the cutters are just about the same diameter as .45 brass so its a struggle sometimes to get a good cut.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    The .060" Rim thickness on .45 Schofield and Cowboy Special is too thin for a shaved Webley. The rim thickness on .45 AR is 0.090"
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shaved Webly I use 45 GAP brass. It is the same leingrh as Webly brass. I then use Webly data. Snap them in a moon clip and shoot.
    Steve