Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: don't we have a Ruger factory guy who is in our forum?

Boolit Master

don't we have a Ruger factory guy who is in our forum?

i'd like to know how to get a Ruger new model blackhawk model 5241 in .45 Colt (flat top) and must be stainless steel.

just went to the tulsa oklahoma "wanamaker show" (the biggest one in the country) no one has any info or ideas.

when i bought mine there were 4 others in the showcase.
    now...finding out anything about them is nearly impossible.

I believe that the gun you are looking for is a Lipsey’s exclusive. I would reach out to them to see if they will be making another run, and when.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Moderator Emeritus

Lipsey is no longer in business, IIRC. No one as of yet has picked up the market as all manufacturers are selling everything they make. It would be like trying to order a custom pick up truck. Why bother when you cannot make enough regular trucks to fill the market.

This forum does have someone that used to work at Ruger a few decades ago. TTBOMK, he is retired.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

http://https://www.lipseys.comI never heard anything about Lipsey’s going out of business. Their website seems to be alive and well
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    I do not think Lipsey's is out of business. I'd love to know where you got that. I'm sure my contact there will be surprised to learn they are closed!

Past employees of Ruger have been on a few Forums,,, but I don't think they allow current employees to let folks know where they work.

Now,, as to trying to find a specific Ruger,,, such as mentioned above, your best bet would be to place a WTB ad in as many places as you can to try & find what you seek. I'm a member of the ROCS, (Ruger Owners & Collectors Society,) and contribute to the Red Eagle News Exchange. You might try going to the ROCS website & posting a WTB ad, as well as other gun forums. The Ruger Forum dot com has issue to where no new folks can join, so they aren't any help.

I'll look around to see what I can turn up.

Boolit Grand Master

Ruger's like that turn up from time to time, but you have to be willing to pay. It seems as soon as a Ruger revolver model is discontinued, or otherwise hard to get, they shoot up to $1000+ quick.

I've been waiting for a 0475 to be made for a while, but I'm not willing to pay that much for one.

Boolit Master
    It's not always Ruger,, especially when it's a Distributor exclusive. The distributors order a gun a specific way,,, and they guarantee to buy a specified number,, say 2000 or 5000 or whatever. The guns get built, and all shipped to the distributor. Unless the demand is high,, Ruger doesn't make that item a "catalog" item. And, unless the distributor decides to order another round of that model,, the numbers are limited.
    Ruger gets a guaranteed sale, and the distributor gets to warehouse them.
    Plus,, they only have so many build lines, for guns. Not all models have a full time dedicated production line. They set up the machinery for a specific model, make X number of guns, then reset the mfg line for a different model. Only certain models have a dedicated line, that doesn't get reset.

They have one listed on their site right now for a hair under $1000.00

https://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder?p...ems=exclusives
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Ha, I get email from Lipseys every day... But back to the gun, most of these are allocated to dealers. The largest volume dealers will get these guns, if they want them, when they come available.
    At Lipseys right now, they have 740 different guns and magazines listed made by Ruger alone. Only 122 are listed as in stock that any dealer can purchase. Of those, there are several revolvers. All of them are the 22LR wranglers. So most dealers can't even get any revolver that isnt the cheap wrangler. Find the largest dealer in your area and see if he will put in order for you. Maybe in 6 months you can get one..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Lipseys is most def in business, they are based here in Baton Rouge and I know several people who work for them. And no I cant get anything for you lol.
    Seriously they do a lot of "specials" they have tremendous buying power. One of my buddies sons is fairly high up and suggested to a certain maker of a few things they'd like on a certain model while he was at a trade show.
    A year later they contacted him about his "special" and gave him one as a comp.
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Boolit Master
    For the OP;

The Ruger Forum dot com just received a complete upgrade. New folks can log in there now. Maybe a WTB ad over there can yield you the gun you seek!

Boolit Grand Master

I drove by Lipsey's yesterday , my old office is across the street and 5 buildings down , I needed to use the copy machine to print some targets ... as I drove past Lipsey's I looked to see ...the lights are on , people were inside and they are or appear to be ... open for business !
    The case of Lipsey's closure and going out of business has been somewhat exaggerated ...
    unless my eyes were lying to my brain again ... eyes will lie to you ...or so they say!
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    For the OP;

The Ruger Forum dot com just received a complete upgrade. New folks can log in there now. Maybe a WTB ad over there can yield you the gun you seek!
    I was a member over there but hadn't logged on for quite a while. I tried today but my login info wasn't recognized so I tried to register using my old username (Maineboy) and I got this message "We don't allow hotmail email addresses - spammers use them". I've never heard this before.
    Maineboy

Boolit Master
    Actually,, a good friend of mine is a former ICE agent,, in computer forensics,, and now works for TSA,, doing the same kind of stuff. He too says that hotmail accounts are used by a LOT of overseas scammers & such.
    Do you have a different email address you can use?

Also,, if it's been a long time since a person was a member of the Ruger Forum,, you may have to re-register. Apparently,, they did lose a lot of very old info when they changed things.

Boolit Master

About 6 weeks ago I contacted Lipsey's about a Flat Top Bisley .44 Spec after I had looked all over and found nothing.. I was told that
    If a dealer didn't have one(and someone probably did if you had the money and time to go all over the country) they weren't likely to get one. According to the person I talked to, Ruger wasn't making anything but semi-auto's. Didn't seem worth it to question it any further.

I bought a FA 97. It's only money.
    John
    W.TN