MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Price of primers in your parts????

Boolit Buddy
    Graf and Sons retail store has small rifle at $99.99. I laid them down and walked out.

Boolit Buddy
    Local sellers around NC and SC are asking from $75 to $125. Glad I bought a bunch years ago at $125 per case plus shipping and hazmat. Ah the good old days.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    12-14 cents, when I see them. And they go FAST.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master
    Wow!!!!!!
    Prices are crazy.
    Someone is making a killing.

Boolit Grand Master
    Farm and ranch store had some a few weeks ago. After tax, $7.60/100 limit 200. Local pawn shop had some rem 7.5's earlier in the year for $200/k Didn't buy any

Boolit Master

I was told that the Academy in Slidell Louisiana had primers for $60k but I have not been down there for a while.
    The one in Tyler Texas has the same price when they have them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    …Someone is making a killing.
    Maybe, maybe not.

The club manager told me the wholesale price to the club, direct from the manufacturer, was the old, pre panic retail price. Keystoning, doubling the price anytime consumer goods change hands before they hit the retailer, is a common rule of thumb that covers cost of goods, business expenses and reasonable profit. My club’s price is in the ballpark, plus a bit more to discourage buying by potential scalpers.

The folks making big money are those selling primers they bought at prepanic prices. I don’t think most commercial component sellers currently have any stock bought at those prices. Some of the folks with offerings on GunBroker might, accounting for the pictures showing old style packaging.

Boolit Master
    One local shop gets a few in sporadically, varies from $5.99 to 8.99 a tray, limit 2 trays. They sell out same day.
    NRA life member

LB

Found some in Cincinnati in early November. First I had seen in a year probably. Federal match primers $90.00 a thousand, regular $80.00. CCI BR4 $129.00, regular spp and lpp CCI $80.00. Told by my local guy before going $70.00-$80.00 a thousand will probably be new normal price. We'll see. Have a local travelling seller of shotgun supplies, Cheddite primers are $40.00 a thousand when he has them.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Feller in the office across the alley from me started loading up to reload. I warned him this was not the best time to get into it. But anyhow about 4 months ago he called me because I had mentioned I was a bit short on Large Pistol primers. He'd been watching Brownells and Midway, etc, and noticed Brownells had LPP's for sale. He said $75 a carton, and I thought in a stupid moment "why not". I did not realize he had not ordered any other components like powder or primers to lessen the load. So $75 for a carton (of Federals - dern it) plus HAZMAT fee, plus internet sales tax - ended up costing me about $105.00 for a carton. Oh well, should last me a spell, and I sure ain't buying factory ammo anymore anyhow; haven't in years.

The moral of the story from my own bitter experience is to remember if you buy in a story you may not have to also cover the whole blasted HAZMAT fee.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJames View Post
    Feller in the office across the alley from me started loading up to reload. I warned him this was not the best time to get into it. But anyhow about 4 months ago he called me because I had mentioned I was a bit short on Large Pistol primers. He'd been watching Brownells and Midway, etc, and noticed Brownells had LPP's for sale. He said $75 a carton, and I thought in a stupid moment "why not". I did not realize he had not ordered any other components like powder or primers to lessen the load. So $75 for a carton (of Federals - dern it) plus HAZMAT fee, plus internet sales tax - ended up costing me about $105.00 for a carton. Oh well, should last me a spell, and I sure ain't buying factory ammo anymore anyhow; haven't in years.

The moral of the story from my own bitter experience is to remember if you buy in a story you may not have to also cover the whole blasted HAZMAT fee.
    Recently Midway had small pistol primers. Just under $80 for a brick. Limit ONE. NO powder available either to lessen the haz-mat, so yes, $105 for 1,000 primers.

Boolit Man
    Haven't seen any primers in months around here, but I learned my lesson in 2008. I'm ok for some time. Powder is showing up more frequently at Sportsman's. Price varies by location.

Boolit Man
    Ive purchased cci srp #450 for $68/k and federal match spp for $73/k locally. It’s the only ones I’ve seen in a store.

Boolit Master

I have 1 gun shop within 50 miles of me now. They do not carry reloading supplies. So, no local priced primers. I sold out of my shop 10 + years ago and the two owners only sell online guns only.

The last time I bought primers was on auction by an auction house now closed. The sold at least 2 former gun shops supplies and one small 06 reloaders supply.

Over 3 auctions I bought over 200K of rifle & pistol primers and 100K shotgun primers. R&P averaged out to 8.24 per K including buyer's premium. The shotgun primers were at 4.75 per K. I sold the shotgun primers (years ago) and kept the rest. Still have lots for myself none for sale.

The auction house could not or would not ship primers so I took advantage of that. No idea what primers local outside 50 miles may sel for but I have never in over 50 years reloading bought ANY primers by the hundred.

Cheddite 209 primers (CX2000) at $6.50 per 100. Limit 5 packs per day.
    Only primers I have seen within 40 miles in the last year.

Chris

None to be had in my area...( small Town, and less than none, in other near by small Towns...Lol...)

Boolit Master
    I have a decent stock of most primers that I bought before the pandemic-- but no large pistol. I bought 1k Large Pistol a few days ago for 130 (13 cents per). This is 4 times what I paid in the past-- but still low enough that reloading saves me lots of money compared to store ammo prices. Personally, although I would like a much lower price, I understand the problem of the place I bought from. Its a small business - their overhead hasn't gone down but the the things they sell are not very available-- got to make up the overhead somewhere.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    Everytime I see a thread like this, it just floors me folks can't buy a supply when the supply is available and prices are good. If folks refused to pay the current prices, they will come down...but it sounds like most don't seem to care....I guess I don't care either, just not buying at these current prices, they aren't coming down anytime some I can tell from this thread.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

I’m stocked up myself, but As I’m out of state in Montana with work, I stopped in a gun store in Anaconda…They had large rifle primers for $145/1000…ouch.

Boolit Man
    About two months ago I was able to buy 400 CCI SPP for 6.59/100. Today I was able to buy 2K CCI LPP for $80/1000. Those are the only primers I have been able to buy since before the pandemic started. Actually, I have found primers available for $$$, but I determined not to pay more than $80/1000.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast