Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Price of primers in your parts????

Boolit Grand Master

Price of primers in your parts????

Haven't had to buy primers for a long time.
    But I've heard they are hard to find, and cost an arm and a leg.
    So what is the price of primers in your parts????

During nthe brief shining moment that CAL Ranch had primers, they were $5.99 per 100. I bought what I could. Haven't seen any more in some time.

Boolit Master
    Action pistol shooters (actually, all members) at my club get a members only deal: Winchester Small Pistol at $75 per thousand. Limit 1K/month.

It used to be 1K a week for a lower price, but some folks abused the privilege to buy more than what they typically use and would flip the excess at a substantial mark up. The club ran through a seven figure stockpile in short order. The new limit and price has cut down on attempted hoarding and flipping at gouger markups and will make the hard to get restock go further for more members.

Boolit Master

No idea; haven't seen them available for over a year. My FFL has a little shop attached to his house and has 2 cases of CCI small rifle primers that some local guy brought in to scalp. They are $100 per 1000.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    SPP are selling for $100-125/k
    Others about $75/k

Boolit Master
    A local farm supply store had 3 hundred SR @ 6.99 a box. And one pound of 700x. I left the primers for the next guy.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    SPP are selling for $100-125/k
    Others about $75/k
    That seems to be about average. Last time I saw some locally they were $10 per 100, plus tax. Brownells had some about a week ago, I got some CCI 41's for $94 per 1k, and CCI SPP were 200 for 2k, w/ a $75 Brownells gift card. Not too bad, and I've been running very low so it was nice to replenish the stock for a bit. That should last me several years.

Boolit Master

The last time I saw any for sale was in mid October at a gun show. They were SPP and the price was $150/1000.
    Chuck

Boolit Master
    $80 per thousand from about 3 different on-line sellers. None of the local gun shops carry reloading components. Never did.

Boolit Master

12 to 18 cents if you can find them.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Bought my neighbor some SRP from a local store, About 81 bucks per 1k

Boolit Master

What primers? Around here, there hasn't been any of those on retail shelves for well over a year. There were some appearing on local consignment auctions a few months back but those appear to have dried up, too. (Last lot I recall seeing on Bauer Bros. site was two bricks of W-W LPs that sold for almost $400)

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    I saw some a week or so ago ON THE SHELF for $81 per thousand. These were CCI SR bench rest primers. I didn't buy any and the next day they were all gone, so someone needed them more than I. I paid $60 for a thousand last spring and thought that was highway robbery. I guess I should have bought more.

$9.99 a hundred at gun show last month. Haven't needed them so stopped looking. Figure I will hear when the prices drop to a more reasonable price. A price that will I'm guessing be in the $50 or up range for 1k box even after the dust settles.

Once the value exceeds the market price hoarding and scalping makes sense and just prolongs the scarcity.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy

Had a laugh a while ago. Friend was in town from northern Minn. Local gun shop had a primer taped to the counter with a $10 price tag. His reply was at least you have primers! He passed a while ago. Damn I miss him GW

Have 5,000 Cheddite 209's arriving tomorrow for $45/1,000 delivered to my door...so $4.50 per 100. I was already stocked up to the hilt on #11 caps, musket caps, and centerfire pistol/rifle primers. The gun shows a few years back and estate sales use to be great sources for this stuff. Today, not so much with a high percentage going way over current retail.

Moderator Emeritus

The LGS gets them in sporadically.
    They got in 20K in August (LPP and SRP), they were priced at $69 per K, they sold out in 2 weeks.
    They got in 10K in Sept (SPP), they were priced at $69 per K, they sold out in one day, They limited sales to 1K per customer. I was able to get 1K.
    Last month, I heard the long time owners (20+ years) have sold the business, the transition in Jan 1 2022. I mention this, because I am wondering if they currently have any say over pricing?
    They got another 10K in last week, priced at $92 per K. These are CCI SRPM.

That's what happening in Southern MN.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I bought Fiocchi 616 shotshell primers for $58 tax and all, for a thousand,yesterday at the local shop. Might as well get a few more ,(can’t have too many,I guess).
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

There haven't been any primers on the shelves in either of the two shops in my area in quiet sometime now. I was in one of them yesterday and the owner told me he finally has some primers on the way, no mention as to how many though. I'm sure he'll be limiting how many per purchase once he has them on hand. The great thing about the shop that will be getting them in, is he isn't a gouger. The man is running a business though, so he has to make a profit. Also, he's taking care of the locals first to the best of his ability. We've had a major boom in tourism in our area the past 20 years and it keeps growing. I honestly don't know what he'll be asking when he has some in stock.

About the only thing I am certain of when it comes to primers. I don't think we'll see them again at pre pandemic/election prices again. .22 LR will fall into the same category, or so I believe.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    I haven't seen any to price except at a local auction house that does a lot of estate sales. Prices there go about $100/$125 per thousand except for spp which go about $25 per thousand more.

I haven't bought any since the start of this mess but I'm 73 and have enough to keep me shooting at my rate for another 20 or 30 years.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast