Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Price of primers in your parts????

While I’ve read only a part of these postings, the prices I’m seeing are beyond insane! I haven’t checked prices or availability in my area as I have a few! A few that I will carefully manage, by reducing my shooting considerably.

My sincere sympathies go out to those with none! However, I question the decisions by those that are well aware of the situation yet to continue shooting with apparently no thoughts about tomorrow....then complain about running out of or the price of components! This makes me think of the man on a life raft, praying for rescue, yet consuming all of his food in one meal rather than rationing it to sustain himself as long as possible!

This was not intended as a direct attack on anyone, merely my observation of component usage by many shooters on several of the forums that I follow! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Buddy
    That's great advice, to quit or slow down shooting, if you are 30 yrs old. At my age, I want to shoot, because some day soon, I won't be able to shoot these big guns, as I also want to eat steak, not cheap hotdogs. Do we quit buying steak because it is more costly? Enjoy life, as you don't know what tomorrow brings. Just saying... you right, "LETS GO BRANDON".

Quote Originally Posted by Wis Tom View Post
    That's great advice, to quit or slow down shooting, if you are 30 yrs old. At my age, I want to shoot, because some day soon, I won't be able to shoot these big guns, as I also want to eat steak, not cheap hotdogs. Do we quit buying steak because it is more costly? Enjoy life, as you don't know what tomorrow brings. Just saying... you right, "LETS GO BRANDON".
    A very valid point, however as much as I enjoy shooting...I want to leave as much as possible for my children/grandchildren, as they will very likely “need” them! I can’t help thinking about the future.....even if it’s not my future! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Master

Our one Walmart sells reloading supplies. I took a peek the other day. No powder or primers. But they did change the price for primers from 3.95 per 100 to 4.75.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

The firearm manufacturers need to do something about this. It is bad for the sport/hobby long term. I see fewer and fewer people at the range. I see Ruger 57s frequently for sale. Is it because 5.7 x 28 is now a buck a round? I am interested in a Ruger 57, but since I Almost never see ammo available for them, or when I do it's $1 a round, forget it!
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

paid $109 today for 1000 Fed Match large Pistol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345