Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: question

Boolit Master

question

Did anyone ever build a whack-a-mole style loader for 30-40 Krag ? Lee said they never did.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoor4570 View Post
    Did anyone ever build a whack-a-mole style loader for 30-40 Krag ? Lee said they never did.
    Unless the 2 sitting on my shelf are forgeries - Lee very much did make their Lee Loader in 30-40 Krag.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I looked in the 1968 Herter's catalog at their Herter's Low Cost Rifle Loading Kit , which looks just like a Lee Classic Loader , but one was not listed in 30-40 Krag ...
    I was thinking Herter's made one or Lee made one for Herter's but no deal there .
    30-40 was a fairly popular round at some point in time Lee should have made one .

Try looking around at www.lee-loader.com this site is dedicated to all things Lee Loader and if the answer isn't here I don't know where to look .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Here's one. Up until the early 90' (and perhaps later) Lee would make any caliber you wished. I have several dozen of them because I find them fascinating. I am missing all of the heeled bullet rounds that I load for as well as 3 rifle rounds - but I still look for them!.

Last edited by cwtebay; 12-01-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    Here's one. Up until the early 90' (and perhaps later) Lee would make any caliber you wished. I have several dozen of them because I find them fascinating. I am missing all of the heeled bullet rounds that I load for as well as 3 rifle rounds - but I still look for them!.

Looks like Lee lied to you ... if that isn't a Lee Classic Loader in 30-40 Krag ... I don't know what is .
    I wonder why no one will tell the truth any more ...
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I'm not sure if Lee actually lied. The person may have been less than forthcoming because it is no longer a product that is huge for the company. All of the LL's I have say "lifetime warranty" - Lee hasn't supported that warranty on any but the current LL offerings.
    From what I can tell, the last time Lee made anything other than the current offerings was 1992. But Lee will still make whatever you want as long as you have the coin for a minimum order (I believe 100 units).
    Fwiw - I am missing the 6mm Lee Navy, the 401 and 32 WSL.

Boolit Master

I am not a Lee hater and I do use some of their equipment. They at one time, did state in their literature that the equipment had a lifetime warranty. I don't know when they stopped advertising that but I suspect it was when the government stepped into the advertising world and ruled that a lifetime warranty had to be just that, a lifetime warranty and not a "maybe we will and maybe we won't" situation. Ruger went to not offering a real warranty to self honoring system that was like a lifetime warranty. Anything that happens to a Ruger, they will repair or replace it, pure and simple without government interference as they have no obligation under the government rules. I like the way they do business, good equipment, good prices, and honoring their customers by offering peace of mind on anything you buy from them. my experience anyway, james