RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, November 29

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, November 29

Good morning all. Today's message jumped right out to me. Praise God. Have a safe and blessed day.

Monday, November 29, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Intended for Good

"All the people of the earth are nothing compared to him. He does as he pleases among the angels of heaven and among the people of the earth. No one can stop him or say to him, ‘What do you mean by doing these things?’."
    Daniel 4:35

Sometimes the things that we think are good in life may not be as good as we think they are. And sometimes the things that we think are bad in life may turn out to be actually good.

Take, for instance, the Old Testament story of Joseph in which his brothers sold him into slavery. God had his hand on young Joseph, and he ended up in a position of great influence in Egypt. Ultimately, he was in charge of the food supply.

When his brothers came to Egypt hoping to buy food during a famine, they thought Joseph was long gone. Little did they know that Joseph had become a powerful Egyptian official. At first, they didn’t recognize him, but Joseph recognized them. And, of course, it would have been an opportunity for the ultimate payback.

But after Joseph dismissed everyone in the room except his brothers, he finally told them who he was. They probably thought he was going to execute them—and he could have. Instead, Joseph made this amazing statement to his brothers: “You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people” (Genesis 50:20 NLT).

God is in control, and He has an endgame, if you will. Most Christians are familiar with Romans 8:28, which says, “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them” (NLT).

But let’s also remember Romans 8:29: “For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters” (NLT). God’s endgame is to make us more like Jesus Christ, because Heaven is a prepared place for prepared people.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

A terrific message this day ! A lot of times my first reaction is not as it should be though and I get angry because it didn't go my way! Then later on I see the reason why and I end up eating crow and asking for forgiveness.

Boolit Master

Amen, A life becoming more like Christ!