Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: It's JERKY time again!!!!!

Boolit Master

It's JERKY time again!!!!!

I have had numerous folks asking where the jerky is: people at work, church, my daughters' friends, family, just about everyone.

I usually start in September making jerky and clearing room in the freezer for more deer. Just haven't had time, until today. i have close to 40 or 45 lbs sliced and marinated. i put the first batch on the dehydrator this evening. It will be ready in the morning. Mixed up a sweet batch with Tennessee Whiskey marinade, a batch with hickory smoke marinade and cajun/garlic pepper seasoning and a third batch with hot and spicy marinade, and other hot spice blends. I think they are all going to turn out really well. Going to have a lot of jerky to eat.

Anyone else make a lot of deer jerky this time of year?

Boolit Buddy

Working on it. Have similar amount sliced and ground. G kids like the ground jerky. I used Hi Mountain Cracked Pepper and Garlic, maybe something added for more heat for me. Started using my smoker for jerky. 200 degrees and its ready in a couple of hours. GW

Boolit Master

Jerky is turning out great. My wife gives jerky away for Christmas presents. Funny though. she doesn't hunt, clean and package the deer or make jerly.

Moderator Emeritus

I used to bring some of my homemade jerky, a frozen slab of my BBQ ribs, and a pound of pulled pork as my gift for the adult present draw game where we steal from each other. Wrapped so nobody knew what was in it so you randomly select a gift. Each gift can be stolen twice instead of picking from the pile and my brothers and sisters fought over it.

I would also bring 3 pounds of jerky to pass around. And a couple slab of ribs for an appetizer(20+ people, 1 or 2 bones each...). Vac packed ribs reheat very well by dropping the bag in simmering water.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BK7saum View Post
    Jerky is turning out great. My wife gives jerky away for Christmas presents. Funny though. she doesn't hunt, clean and package the deer or make jerly.
    My wife does that with my homemade wine.
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.