Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: CETME (C308) Front sight adjustment

Boolit Master

CETME (C308) Front sight adjustment

A Century built CETME fell into my lap this weekend. Straight up trade for a WASR10. I took it out today and she ran great, but the front sight needs adjusted. She's printing around 12" high and 6" right at 50. I am totally new to the HK clone rifles. Is there a way to adjust this without the tool? If not, where can I find a cheap one?

Sarco has a Tapco cetme sight tool for $8 or so. Search "Cetme sight adjustment" for lots of info.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    If it's like an hk 91 a Phillips screwdriver will work on the rear sight but the front isn't adjustable.

Boolit Bub
    I have a cetme . I believe the front sight post is eccentric, to adjust for windage. The rear sight on mine was ground off, so bubba could try to mount a scope. welded an HK rear sight on, which is adjustable for windage. I think the cetme front sight as it is rotated, adjusts for windage.

I had a Century CETME. It lasted one magazine then fell apart. Century refused to honor the warranty, said it expired while on the distributors shelf.
    Do you have a ground bolt? If so, you might have to look into the +1,2,3 rollers to get proper bolt gap, or try to find an unground bolt. Century cut a LOT of corners with this rifle. Get a good gunsmith to check it over. To this day I will not buy anything that any of the Century drunken monkeys assembled. Good luck.

Boolit Bub
    Mine is a Century, armoredman. I changed rollers to increase the bolt gap. It's an older one with wood furniture. I've put over 200 rounds through it without a malfunction. Pretty accurate. I agree with you about the issues with Century, I have less than 400 in it, including the rollers and rear sight. I look at it as a beater truck gun, happy with it for the amount of money I have in it.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Hawkeye View Post
    If it's like an hk 91 a Phillips screwdriver will work on the rear sight but the front isn't adjustable.
    It's not: the CETME front sight is an entirely different animal to the HK design. The CETME has a fine thread sight screw with an eccentric sight post; turning it 1/2 turn will give you all the right to left windage you can get out of it; meanwhile, it's also moving the POA up or down as you adjust the windage. So you adjust for height first [however many turns it requires to "zero" on target], then adjust for windage. You cannot necessarily ever get it spot on, but "close enough" is the rule.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Surculus View Post
    It's not: the CETME front sight is an entirely different animal to the HK design. The CETME has a fine thread sight screw with an eccentric sight post; turning it 1/2 turn will give you all the right to left windage you can get out of it; meanwhile, it's also moving the POA up or down as you adjust the windage. So you adjust for height first [however many turns it requires to "zero" on target], then adjust for windage. You cannot necessarily ever get it spot on, but "close enough" is the rule.
    Correct. I bit the bullet and ordered one from Sarco. Some guys get pretty darn close, but I agree it is not optimal. Armoredman, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "ground bolt". I test fired around 30 rds and she ran well.