WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, November 27

For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, November 27

Good morning all. I like this message today. It's a good reminder. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, November 27, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    It’s His Work, Not Ours

"Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."
    Philippians 1:6

From unfinished buildings to unfinished songs to unfinished books, a lot of us have started things that we haven’t finished. Yet God always finishes what He begins.

The Bible tells us that “He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:6) and that Jesus is “the author and finisher of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2 NKJV). So if God starts something, He finishes it. Isn’t that great to know?

But also notice that verse 6 of Philippians 1 says that it’s He—not you—who has begun a good work. Sometimes we’ll tell ourselves things like, “I want to be a good Christian. I’ll just read my Bible more and pray and try to be more kind. . . .”

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with wanting to do those things. But we need to realize that it is God who is doing the work. It is God who will change us. So we need to ask for His help in our lives.

And God does, in fact, want to do a good work in our lives. Remember what Jeremiah 29:11 says: “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope” (NKJV).

God has a great plan for your life, and it’s better than the plan that you have for your own life. So never be reluctant to commit an unknown future to a known God—and I might add, a loving God who has a good plan for your life.

Maybe you’ve tried to change your life on your own. You can’t do that any more than someone who’s drowning can save themselves. You need to call out to God for help. He will help you, and He will change you.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, God has worked all things after the council of His will!

Amen, and thanks for sharing.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Love it!!!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Moderator Emeritus

What a great post and a great Bible Study to boot. Thanks Pine Baron
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan