RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1951 336 in 35 Rem.

Boolit Master

1951 336 in 35 Rem.

Would a very clean one with nice wood be worth $950?

Boolit Master

Sounds like a Gunbroker number. Seems a tad steep to me. Its all down to the eye of the beholder.
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master
    Brand new ones have been higher lately. You are right though, a few years back it would have been much less.
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 11-26-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    1951 would make it a Waffle top Marlin. So take the price of a clean JM 30-30 336. Add the 35 R value. Then the fact that it's a Waffle top. On tip if that the high current demand for firearms in general. 950$ is not outrageous.

Keep in mind a 1951 was not drilled for scope bases. If its drilled that negates the added value of a Waffle top.
    Rick
    Last edited by Rick B; 11-26-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    waffle top marlins
    Yep. And they do have a certain cache.

Boolit Grand Master

Not to me, but it isn’t a ridiculous number if you want it and have the cash.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    I bought a 35 about 15 years ago at a local farm auction. I paid $300. There wasn't many who wanted it but me. Glad to see my choice has gone up in value. But the value of the $ has slipped alot too.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 762sultan View Post
    I bought a 35 about 15 years ago at a local farm auction. I paid $300. There wasn't many who wanted it but me. Glad to see my choice has gone up in value. But the value of the $ has slipped alot too.
    Yes, it's all gotten rather strange. I do like the old world craftsmanship and I'm willing to pay a bit more for it.

Boolit Master

$950 seems a little steep but in todays market with Biden Bucks who knows? Waffle tops have Ballard style rifling and get a premium in that respect also.
    If liars pants really did catch on fire, watching the news would be a lot more fun!

Banned

Pictures would certainly help!

Moderator Emeritus

Cosmic Charlie, I agree with all the posts so far....it seems like the price is steep but look around and what is not more expensive today. When I bought my 1951 waffle top it was tapped but I need a scope to see anymore and the price was a little high when I got it but it was what I wanted. I shoots like a dream and when I finally found some brass and loaded ammo it quickly became a great woods and thick cover gun....not for sale and I suspect that when you get yours you will fall in love with it as well. Half the fun is the hunt.....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

They don't make them anymore.

It's not an outrageous price.

Buy it and move on.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    They don't make them anymore.

It's not an outrageous price.

Buy it and move on.

Absolutely, Marlin is gone and will never be back. Yes i know Ruger will someday have some. The real Marlins are gone forever like so many things in America. Buy and enjoy.

You guys make me feel better about the offer I just made. a 30-30 and a 35 Rem 336 for $1K and the offer was accepted. I now just have to drive 90 minutes to oick them up.
    Bill

Boolit Grand Master

We have one and I would not sell it for $950. But then it has a special significance to me.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Well, I went for a Henry 45-70 single shot instead. Found one with spectacular wood and couldn't resist.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix646052390.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	292443
    Last edited by Cosmic_Charlie; 11-30-2021 at 12:45 PM.

25 months ago I paid 425 for mine. Top was d&t’d unfortunately and some wear on the blueing. As has been mentioned though they are Ballard cut rifled and drilled for receiver sights already.
    Not giving mine up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    Well, I went for a Henry 45-70 single shot instead. Found one with spectacular wood and couldn't resist.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix646052390.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	292443
    That's nice walnut and you saved some money.
    Who knows....you may find a Marlin .35 for sale from a non gun nut for a crazy good price- hey, it can happen.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    That's nice walnut and you saved some money.
    Who knows....you may find a Marlin .35 for sale from a non gun nut for a crazy good price- hey, it can happen.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    Got a gun show coming up this weekend. Maybe I will find some 45-70 dies and a shell holder. Need brass and a mold too.

Boolit Buddy
    In my neck of the woods, $900 and up is a fishing price. Last few I have seen sold were in the $750ish/ to $800 range. Having said that, not a lot of 35's showing up so????
    Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast