Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Powder Valley

Boolit Master

Powder Valley

I was just over on the PV website looking for some H335; didn't find any, but what I did find is that the Powder(s) listed have recently taken a big jump in price. Some of the powders are up over 25% from a month ago. Example, my favorite rifle pwds such as H4198; H4350 and H4895 (as well as others) are listed @ $40/lb. I only see this getting worse.

Boolit Master
    Powder is created with lots of ingredients, many owing their existence to energy.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Buddy
    Powder here has also increased about 25% in about three places I buy from. There is one that is a little farther away but prices were lower yet but have been creeping up. Primers are in the $ 60.00 to 70.00 range if you can find them. Bench rest SR was $ 100.00/1000, seems no one was buying.

Boolit Master
    Last weekend was the local gun show. I was looking for IMR or H4350. VERY popular in the cartridge I'm loading. None to be found. Prices were generally $35/lb for pistol and $45/lb for rifle. Saw an 8lb jug of Varget for $600. Found a local guy with powder in the $35-37 range for powder mostly Hodgdon. He told me his distributor wouldn't have a H4350 through the new year. I bought some Hodgdon Hybrid 100V and Winchester 6.5 Staball that's a little slower then the 4350's. 1lb of each for $74 out the door. PRIMERS WERE OVER $100/1000!

Banned
    It will be AWHILE before I pay some of these ridiculous prices when the money dries up the prices will fall

Boolit Master
    Sparky, I can’t find powder anywhere local. I watch PV several times a day, and when what I need shows available, I buy it. I don’t much fret over the price. If I could only find Blue Dot.

Boolit Buddy
    With almost everything else going up substantially, why should reloading powder be exempt? I have a hard believing that when people get stocked up at the high prices, they will suddenly go down. High prices are likely here to stay, but we won't see the extremely high prices. JMHO

Boolit Master
    There was a brief flurry of new stock a few months back. That now appears to be over. Perhaps there was a push to produce hunting ammo and that used up what was tricking in. Looks bleak again.

PV increased a while back.... But I've got plenty, a lot will outlast me. Primers, maybe not

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Bidum has increased the money supply by about 35%. The increase in the money supply is the definition of inflation. The increase in the cost of goods and services is the result of inflation. Supply and demand of goods and services also affects their price. Bidum and cronies are planning on increasing the money supply by a few more trillion. I don't know how much that will increase inflation but I'm guessing another 30% or more. Powder Valley is just like every other business and has to increase the price of goods to make up for the less valuable dollar.
    During WWII our troops in Germany that were captured would receive care packages from the red cross that contained two cigarettes which would buy them a potato. When the care packages started having four cigarettes the price of a potato went to four cigarettes. More of something means it's worth less compared to other goods.
    Inflation of the money supply is another method of taxation that seems to fly over most folks thought process. The inflation will continue as long as there is govt deficit spending.

Moderator Emeritus

yep, I think all those prices are going up.

I visited the LGS last Wednesday. The had just got some powder and primers in.
    Powders were $39 to $45 a lb.
    Primers (SRP-M) were $92 a brick (CCI)

Now they had been getting various flavors of primers in sporadically, and were priced $69 per Brick. I bought a Brick of CCI SPP in September, I hated to pay $69, but I needed them. Now they are pricing then primers at $92...I sure hope that isn't the new trend, and they just priced them rifle primers high, because of demand?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Hey; My O.P. wasn't a complaint post; just a heads up.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerguy View Post
    With almost everything else going up substantially, why should reloading powder be exempt? I have a hard believing that when people get stocked up at the high prices, they will suddenly go down. High prices are likely here to stay, but we won't see the extremely high prices. JMHO
    I agree completely.

For the last few months, Powder Valley has been the only place I could find any of the powders that I use. It seems to me that powder is once again very scarce at on line sites. I'm glad I stocked up when I had the chance. As a side note, I have not seen one pound of powder at my local sportsman's warehouse for over two years. In fact they finally just moved some camping related gear over to those empty shelves. Don't see anything improving at all unless we change direction this next election.
    What could possibly go wrong?